Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Smelly Air Conditioner!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 May 2008, 12:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Smelly Air Conditioner!

Help! I have a 2002 with 85,000 miles. Am starting to experience some of the "typical" PT problems (fog lights with a mind of their own) etc. My biggest problem right now is that the air conditioner smells AWFUL! I can't afford to take it in, does anyone know a way I can try to fix this problem myself? It's already in the 90's here in Texas, no A/C isn't an option, but it smells SO BAD!!
Old 22 May 2008, 01:04 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Smelly Air Conditioner!

there are sprays available that you can spray in your vents to deoderize the AC system. quick and easy. just ask your local parts place.
Old 23 May 2008, 11:40 am
Senior Cruiser

Sounds like you might have a mold problem in your ac vent system. The drain that lets the condesation drip out might be plugged and it is just sitting there getting moldy. YOu have to track down the cause. The mold is just a symptom. The dealerships usually have an antifungal spray you can use in the vent system to kill the mold. You have to get it in by the fan so it goes into the vents.

I have not done this on a PT but on other cars I have done it does work. You do have to find the cause though.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 24 May 2008, 08:02 am
Obsessed Cruiser

let us know what you find good luck !!