Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Is this check engine light?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 May 2008, 01:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Is this check engine light?

I just bought a 2001 PT Limited Edition 68,845 miles last night. As I was driving to work today a symbol came on...a funny square looking thing. It is located between the gas pump symbol and TRAC OFF. Is this the check engine light?
And does anyone know where I can get an owner's manual? It didn't come with one.

Thanks
Old 22 May 2008, 02:25 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to YoungCruiserrr
Default Re: Is this check engine light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shester419 View Post
I just bought a 2001 PT Limited Edition 68,845 miles last night. As I was driving to work today a symbol came on...a funny square looking thing. It is located between the gas pump symbol and TRAC OFF. Is this the check engine light?
And does anyone know where I can get an owner's manual? It didn't come with one.

Thanks
look around this site, i seen an online one you can read, or just download and print out, try genereal discussion

Old 22 May 2008, 04:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Turn the key ON without starting the engine. Inside the left dial next to the gas needle is a picture of and engine. That's the check engine light if it comes on by itself and usually stays on.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 May 2008, 06:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Did it look a little like this?:

If yes - Then yes...Thats the Check Engine Light (CEL)

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!