Advertisements
18 inch wheels

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stephen R.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jan 2002, 09:51 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default 18 inch wheels

Sup all, wondering if anyone has installed 18 inch wheels with a 2 inch drop on their PT....any troubles?....thanks for the help

Old 01 Feb 2002, 07:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Same question here. I'm dropped and will go 18's this summer.

For the record, will you folks spec the factory alloys in mm/":

1. Dimension

2. Offset

3. Hub

4. Bolt Pattern

5. Lug Thread

I believe an 18" WITH SOME SIDEWALL will effectively populate the wheelwells. I live in the frost zone so "rubberband" tires are a no no. Even though it will affect the speedo, I'm investigating a 235/50/18 which is about the sidewall of the current 205/55/16's (for comfort & economics).

As far as offsets go, keep in mind a positive spec moves the wheel closer to the engine from the hub... thereby increasing interference issues on lowered vehicles. This becomes a game of math when you increase wheel width from, say, 7" to 8" (perhaps someone could chart such variations).

Anyway, I think an 18 with a drop balances the car from a styling standpoint and I look forward to the replies of others...

phalcon352 likes this.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 09:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have 225/40/18 with the 2in drop from progress....It handles like an indy car. I think it's the perfect size for the Cruiser, it looks great and adds to the performance. It doesn't rub but the ride does become a little ruffer due to the lowering..but that's a sacrafice I'm willing to take for the looks and performance. I suggest you also purchase the Camber kit if not you will get uneven wear on the front tires. I use the Kuhmo tires theyt are rated Z and grip like gum....but you don't pay out your A** for them. I purchased my rims in Italy so I dought you can get them here..but if you want pics just email me. angel_diaz55@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
SS Cruiser