Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Electrical Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Feb 2002, 09:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Electrical Problem

My PT Cruiser was born in November 2001. I have had a consistent problem with the battery being dead when I go to take "Cruizella De Vehicle" out for a cruise. The dealer finds nothing wrong! Has anyone else experience this problem? "Cruizella" goes out only once every 2 weeks or so!

rcolving
Old 03 Feb 2002, 09:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Don't have the problem your talking about, but while I was at the performance shop, the mechanic was looking at a car that had a drain on the battery when the car was parked just like yours...they were going over the whole electrical circuit to find the drain (at $45 a hour). Sounds like you have the same problem. I think there's a product on the market that allows you to disconnect the battery when not in use with a simple flick of a switch. It's mostly used for theft deterrant but it would stop any drain on the battery that you might have...course that won't solve your problem, just work around it.

CREWZIN
Old 15 Mar 2002, 08:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i had same problem dead battery 3 trips to dealer no luck. finaly found it my self the heated seat relay switch would stick in the on position. i too only drive it much little

Old 18 Mar 2002, 08:24 pm
Regular Cruiser

i've seen 3 or 4 posts on this and every one on them have let the car set for a extended period of time. Suggestion is to start it a least one a week and let run for awile.

Come Cruise The Colorado High Country Aug 9-11
http://co.ptcruiserclub.org/colorado

Smittys PT
Web Designer for
Colorado PT Cruiser Club