PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Constant 05 PT Problems - what's the deal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jun 2008, 01:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Constant 05 PT Problems - what's the deal?

Hi all. I'm new. Found you searching for answers to all the problems. We have an '05 and so far have had new brakes, tires, transmission and now the AC is out. We've had two mechanics look at it and have had two different answers from the ECM to the cooling fan. And repairs are more expensive than originally expected. Has anyone else out there had CONSTANT problems? I'm so disappointment in my little car.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 01:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt
Default Re: Constant 05 PT Problems - what's the deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMCATLOOK View Post
Hi all. I'm new. Found you searching for answers to all the problems. We have an '05 and so far have had new brakes, tires, transmission and now the AC is out. We've had two mechanics look at it and have had two different answers from the ECM to the cooling fan. And repairs are more expensive than originally expected. Has anyone else out there had CONSTANT problems? I'm so disappointment in my little car.
What's your mileage? Sorry you are having so many problems.

I had some problems when I first purchased mine, but it was used....the problem with purchasing used vehicles is that you never know how the previous owner took care of it. However, all of my problems were under the original manufacturers warranty and the other problems that weren't covered under the "MW" were covered under my extended service contract.

SO, although, I've had problems, they haven't cost me much....now I just regularly have it maintained and it's been smooth sailing for a good while.

Things I've had replaced (covered under warranty) since 05:

1.) Turbo Hose- '05
2.) A/C Hose- '06
3.) Bushings- '07
4.) Multi-function Switch (lights)- '08
5.) Engine Mounts- (Dealer wants me to get it done before my extended warranty goes out...so probably this year.)

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 12 Jun 2008, 01:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: Constant 05 PT Problems - what's the deal?

Hi there. Thank you so much for replying. The mileage is 55,000. I agree with the "used" statement. Although we purchased the'05 from the dealer in 05 we were told the PT was used by a manager. When we went to title the vehicle, the previous owner was listed as "Enterprise Rent A Car" so i'm sure someone had driven it like it was stolen.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 01:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMCATLOOK View Post
Hi there. Thank you so much for replying. The mileage is 55,000. I agree with the "used" statement. Although we purchased the'05 from the dealer in 05 we were told the PT was used by a manager. When we went to title the vehicle, the previous owner was listed as "Enterprise Rent A Car" so i'm sure someone had driven it like it was stolen.
Probably....just hang in there...once you get it all fixed up, it'll be a gem to drive!

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 12 Jun 2008, 05:58 pm
Young Cruiser

i have been really lucky.only problem with my '05 is it keeps getting low on gas.59000 miles and no problems in 2 years.

ron
loepard skin seat cover and door inserts,shade shift leopard flame graphics,17" panther wheels,custom rear deck, 3Dtaillights,and new sound system coming soon (for the second time),shade shift magenta-gold door pillars,flowlighting inferno underbody,and whatever comes along when wallet gets fat, and lastly rear bucket seats