Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Possible bad starter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jun 2008, 09:38 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Possible bad starter

edited, sorry hubby posted the same thing I did..

Jeremy & Echo - owners of Bessy - steel blue '02 limited PT - Airaid intake - billet grille - Mr. Mike's welts - Streamline Designs Custom Edition - Streamline Design Vinyl Visor cover
parents of Riley & Harrison and a crazy boxer named Minnie

Last edited by morrises; 16 Jun 2008 at 09:50 am.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 12:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Possible bad starter

Togetherness??? Must be on the same wave length, here I thought only MATURE married people did that.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 16 Jun 2008, 01:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

hahahahah

Jeremy & Echo - owners of Bessy - steel blue '02 limited PT - Airaid intake - billet grille - Mr. Mike's welts - Streamline Designs Custom Edition - Streamline Design Vinyl Visor cover
Old 16 Jun 2008, 02:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrises View Post
edited, sorry hubby posted the same thing I did..
Mo, did you figure it out yet???

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 16 Jun 2008, 03:38 pm
Regular Cruiser

Well hubby is laying next to me sleeping at the moment (he's on his 'bad' part of his cancer treatment, but will feel fine by tomorrow) , so I'm hoping that in a few hours we will go and buy the starter, drive to where our pt is and at least try and see to make sure it's not the battery, then tomorrow night he's going to go and put in the starter....

Old 16 Jun 2008, 03:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrises View Post
Well hubby is laying next to me sleeping at the moment (he's on his 'bad' part of his cancer treatment, but will feel fine by tomorrow) , so I'm hoping that in a few hours we will go and buy the starter, drive to where our pt is and at least try and see to make sure it's not the battery, then tomorrow night he's going to go and put in the starter....
Oh! Sorry to hear that. Hope ur hubby feels better, and that you get Bessy back working fine!

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 17 Jun 2008, 03:46 pm
Regular Cruiser

Bessy started up on the second try last night so we were able to get her home. It was a very slow sluggish start. When I got home, I tuned on and off the car about 4 times with no problem. I went out this morning and it started a little rough at first. I got Bessy to work, in case I could get help changing it, all my tools were there. I cleaned off the terminals (coke and a wire brush) and checked the voltage (12.5 before start, 13.1 after) and water level (low, but no exposed parts). It is the original battery from '02 so it needs replaced anyways. Just not sure if that's the problem right now. I was able to start Bessy about 10 times today (testing and going to lunch) without any problems.

Never did the lights flicker during any time when it wouldn't start. The starter didn't click either. Just nothin'.

I'm going to give the terminals a good cleaning and fill the water tonight and see what happens.

Thanks for the concerns!
Jeremy

Old 17 Jun 2008, 09:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Glad it is starting for you. A good investment for you may be a battery jumper that you plug into A/C and then you can keep it in your car for a jump in case you need it. My battery went dead and the dealership came and put one on my van and I was able to "limp" to the dealership where they replaced the battery.

Good Luck!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar