PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
a/c port help

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jul 2008, 10:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default a/c port help

I have an 04 base pt and am having a hard time locating the a/c low pressure port. i was told it would be on the fatter tube but there isnt a port there. The hanes manual shows 2 ports but i can only find 1 on the skinny tube. Any ideas on where it is?
squarebeer likes this.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 05:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: a/c port help

Anyone with any info?
squarebeer likes this.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 06:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Do a search, it was covered extensively just recently.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 05 Jul 2008, 06:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Is this the same pictures you have from your Haynes manual?

Old 06 Jul 2008, 03:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Those are the same pictures that were in my hanes manual but thats not how the ports are on mine. The only port i see is the one in the pic that isnt being charges. The one in the pic that the can is connected to isnt there on my pt.
squarebeer likes this.
Old 06 Jul 2008, 04:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

That's how they are on my 01 so I guess Chrysler changed them for some reason. That is the low side pipe though so check it all the way down to the end to see if you can find the connection for the suction line.
Old 06 Jul 2008, 06:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

The low side port is on the suction line, near the accumulator.
The high side port is on the discharge line, near the compressor.

Refer to page 24-41 of the factory 2004 PT service manual. (I'm sure anyone working on their $20,000 car has invested in a $90 service manual. That only makes sense.)
Old 06 Jul 2008, 10:16 pm
Young Cruiser

There is the possiblity that the low side line has been replaced. Not all aftermarket lines have ports. I've seen 'em without, uncertain how you add unless it is at the drier? My '03 base model is exactly like the pictures above.
BTW...I just tried to add to mine, gauge reads 45lbs., full. Fan doesn't come on when you turn on a/c, so from what I read here, I need a fan or at least a fan motor. Looks like a 1 hour job at the most.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 04:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Um, YES I know this post is 4 years old, however to help others out that are searching........we should update things rather and belittle others.

Yes, the lines have changed over the years. But if you purchase a R134a recharge kit this kit will ONLY connect to the one line that it needs to. As someone said it is the "skinny' line but the connection will not let you connect this recharge kit to the wrong line so do not worry!

People are here to learn....so be nice and be kind to those trying to learn we all are not as smart as those who think they are smart but we let them think that and then take their money with technology!

Cheers
SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Is this the same pictures you have from your Haynes manual?

Last edited by squarebeer; 24 Aug 2012 at 04:25 pm.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 05:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarebeer View Post
Um, YES I know this post is 4 years old, however to help others out that are searching........we should update things rather and belittle others.

Yes, the lines have changed over the years. But if you purchase a R134a recharge kit this kit will ONLY connect to the one line that it needs to. As someone said it is the "skinny' line but the connection will not let you connect this recharge kit to the wrong line so do not worry!

People are here to learn....so be nice and be kind to those trying to learn we all are not as smart as those who think they are smart but we let them think that and then take their money with technology!

Cheers
SB
Searching a topic or a "How to" is always a gamble. Finding a thread that's 4 year's old and not completely helpful is sadly easy.

Okay, now that we agree on that and have it out of the way, I'm sure somewhere in the last 4 years, and the years before that, better information can be found. I search quite a bit and one of my pet peeves is all the booger eaters who try to put cute titles on their threads. My personal favorite is "Have you seen this?". Now that title tells you less than nothing and is worth the same. Here's a brilliant idea..... Put the subject in the title!

Okay, I feel better. Rant over. Keep Cruisin' everybody (including all you booger eaters).