Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pwr Windows/Blower Fan/Back-up lights/Rear Window Defogger/Air Bag Light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jul 2008, 06:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Pwr Windows/Blower Fan/Back-up lights/Rear Window Defogger/Air Bag Light

No power into fuse block on fuses associated with Pwr Windows, HVAC (blower fan). Air Bag (Run). ... Rear window defogger has no power.. air bag light is on in run ..seems to check itself on start and then shuts off, then comes back on in run condition. Looking at wiring diagrams seems to all lead to a block on diagram labeled RUN A22. I am thinking that goes back to the ignition switch but my diagrams (Chilton) do not show the ignition portion of wiring. Anybody got any ideas... Hard to drive when it is 108deg outside with not blower fan for A/C and can not roll windows down... SHEESH!!!!!
Old 16 Jul 2008, 03:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Pwr Windows/Blower Fan/Back-up lights/Rear Window Defogger/Air Bag Light

Found my problem... PDC Fuse 3 feeds through C106 connector under dash..then to C1 connector (ign switch run position)...then to interior fuse block Fuse 5 (air bag run) Fuse 6 (back up lights/rear window defogger) Fuse 7 (HVAC blower fan) and to CKT BKR 2 (power windows).. all fuses were good... Problem was pin 21 on connector C106... wire going into and out of the connector was blackened (not crispy) and there was some signs of melting gray material on downside of connector related to pin 21 wire. Pulled connector apart and found terminals corroded.. scraped clean and applied some dielectric grease to it .. put together and pulled apart a couple of time and then put it together and it works.. May have to keep an eye on it and also will see about replacing pin terminals or taking that wire out of the connector and splicing it.. then to determine what was pulling enough current to blacken the wire...
Old 16 Jul 2008, 06:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Pwr Windows/Blower Fan/Back-up lights/Rear Window Defogger/Air Bag Light

Congratulations on the fix, elgeeps. That was a good find to a hard problem.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 16 Jul 2008, 11:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

congrats !!
Old 13 Jan 2010, 07:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have this exact same problem. Can one of you save me a lot of trouble and tell me where C106 is located? Thanks in advance.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 07:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Read the post:
" PDC Fuse 3 feeds through C106 connector under dash..then to C1 connector (ign switch run position)..."

so C106 is under dash - one end comes from fuse 3, other side goes toward ignition switch.....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 14 Jan 2010, 05:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

There must be some sort of auto reset circuit breaker in the line someplace. This morning it was all better. Took overnight I guess.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 07:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

No, there's a bad connection that sometimes makes, sometimes breaks...
Old 15 Feb 2010, 02:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

THANK YOU!!! My exact problem. Happened yesterday. ( airbag blower heated seat motor read defrost power windows ) THANK YOU!!!!!!
Old 15 Feb 2010, 11:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi I have exact same problem, but mine is a 2000 model, can someone tell me where this connector is, I'm quite dumb when it comes to these types of things ! Or does anyone know where to get a diagram tht will help me locate the offending connection and wires. THANKS !!!!