Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
anybody tried this product yet?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jul 2008, 12:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default anybody tried this product yet?

the new spark plug that is now available for our cars is Pulse Star....has anybody gotten curious and bit the bullet and tried them yet, after all they're only $24.95 each? I would but can't afford it
Old 12 Jul 2008, 01:59 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: anybody tried this product yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4SPEED View Post
the new spark plug that is now available for our cars is Pulse Star....has anybody gotten curious and bit the bullet and tried them yet, after all they're only $24.95 each? I would but can't afford it
I've seen these, but I think IMHO they are overpriced and not needed. I use Bosch double plats in my wife's '04 na PT and the car runs great. I just replaced them with the same plugs after 65k though I didn't need to as the car was still running great. All four plugs were less than $20. I use the factory Copper Plus plugs in my '03 PT GT and my '05 Neon SRT-4. Both cars are modified and fast as hell. Four of these plugs cost me just under $6.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 12 Jul 2008, 06:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Why would I pay $25 a piece when plugs costing much less does the same thing??

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 13 Jul 2008, 11:06 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Testing in the EPA’s FTP 75 test resulted in a 2.7% increase in fuel efficiency. Internal tests conducted by Enerpulse demonstrated a nearly 9% improvement in fuel efficiency. This test also showed a 7% improvement in torque and a 10.5% improvement in horsepower output over regular spark plugs.
Souce: Green Car Congress: Pulse Plug Demonstrates 2.7% Improvement in Fuel Efficiency

This rings warning bells for me as to it's superiority. The tests conducted by the company show a 9% increase & the EPA test only showed a 2.7% increase.
Granted there was some increase, but looks like it all goes back to marketing hype IMO. I'm not about to pay $100 for plugs on my car to gain 2.7% efficency. I can do that by spending the $100 on a new set of wires & plugs, plus buy a K&N filter to drop in & have enough left over to by an inflator to keep in the car so i can keep the tires inflated properly for better fuel efficency.