Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Throttle Body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jul 2008, 11:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Throttle Body

I'm trying to research a performance throttle body for my 01 Cruiser, but so far all I've found are dead-ends. Anyone know something I don't? Thanks!
Old 13 Jul 2008, 11:51 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Throttle Body

You could get it bored out. I've never seen an aftermarket tb offered for the na PT.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 14 Jul 2008, 12:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

Any ideas on where to get that done? I'm in Idaho, and sadly, the Cruiser is not all that big here. So parts and the like are hard to find.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 01:09 am
Veteran Cruiser

Got any performance shops around? They ought to know a good machine shop that specializes in machining car parts.

Old 20 Jul 2008, 06:27 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to Ironman

I wouldn't bother with it, I believe it is a 55 mm bore. there have been performance tests that indicate no improvement with a 65 mm bore.
Old 20 Jul 2008, 07:45 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I wouldn't bother with it, I believe it is a 55 mm bore. there have been performance tests that indicate no improvement with a 65 mm bore.
Maybe not on the na PT. but a definite improvement on the turbo model. I'm pretty sure the stock tb is 52 mm. I've got a 55 mm tb from DCR (Darrell Cox Racing) on my '05 SRT-4 and there is definite throttle improvement. The 65 mm tb is overkill unless you go big turbo. 65 mm tb on a na PT would be a joke.

Old 21 Jul 2008, 05:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

BUT, the originator of the question has an 01 PT so unless he added a Turbo (which he should have mentioned) the bored out TB won't do any good as Ironman pointed out.

I looked into a bored out TB for my Vette and like the PT, unless there are other improvements or upgrades (like the turbo) that can use the added inflow, adding the bored out TB doesn't do any good.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 06:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
BUT, the originator of the question has an 01 PT so unless he added a Turbo (which he should have mentioned) the bored out TB won't do any good as Ironman pointed out.

I looked into a bored out TB for my Vette and like the PT, unless there are other improvements or upgrades (like the turbo) that can use the added inflow, adding the bored out TB doesn't do any good.
Ironman wasn't specific about turbo or non turbo. Just a blanket statement that really only applies to the non turbo. Personally, I wouldn't waste my money trying to get more out of the non turbo PT. You'll spend a lot of money for a limited increase in power.

Old 21 Jul 2008, 07:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post

Welcome home, CREWZIN!!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 21 Jul 2008, 07:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thanks Ernie.