Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
tail lights!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jul 2008, 05:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default tail lights!!

Hi I'm new to this site. When I was driving home the other day in the dark I was informed I had no tail lights or break lights. I checked the fuses everything was fine there. So i checked the bulbs both of my bulbs had shattered. I was wondering if someone could help me out and tell me why they had both blown. I found that kind of odd that they both would blow at the same time. Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!
Old 20 Jul 2008, 06:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: tail lights!!

Welcome to the forum.

Number of reason for your problem. Here's a couple threads to read...

Exploding lights?

Some brake lights work

tail/dash lights out

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 06:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome to the board sorry your first post has to be about a problem let us know what you find out
Old 21 Jul 2008, 11:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Honestly, I wish I would have found this site earlier. I have had so many issues with my pt cruiser. Infact to the point where my family calls it the pt crapper. As for the tail light issue we replaced both bulbs and we are going to see what happens with them. If they blow again soon then I'm going to get it looked at.

I have another issue. My air bag light dings on and off and its beyond annoying. It doesn't do it all the time infact I can go a couple months with out it doing it then all the sudden it start doing it again and it will last for a week or two. Does anyone know why this would be?
Old 21 Jul 2008, 12:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janellbee View Post
Hi I'm new to this site. When I was driving home the other day in the dark I was informed I had no tail lights or break lights. I checked the fuses everything was fine there. So i checked the bulbs both of my bulbs had shattered. I was wondering if someone could help me out and tell me why they had both blown. I found that kind of odd that they both would blow at the same time. Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!
Welcome to the Forum!!

How about telling us a little about your PT, year, Turbo or NA, where you live etc? The more we know, the more we can help. Thanks!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 21 Jul 2008, 04:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I could do that...it's a 2002 pt cruiser limited edition. It has the 2.4L engine in it. I live in ohio. The problems I have had with it so far is wheel bearings have been replaced twice, ball joints, bushings need replaced again, rear links (this is what the dealer has called them), as of right now i have no power locks because i can't afford to take it to the dealer to tell me whats wrong i swear there is a ghost in my car because the locks will go off by themselves i've been locked out a couple times and a couple dead batteries so I have removed the fuse, tie rods, air bag light issue, and this latest is the one with my tail light bulbs exploding! Oh and sometimes its hard to shift into reverse. I think that is bout all the problems i have had and i continue to have.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 05:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum,

For your airbag light problem, read this:

Airbag light issues

For your mysterious door lock problem, it sounds like the RKEM (Remote Keyless Entry Module) has to be replaced. It's located inside the dash above the middle air vents.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 09:02 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janellbee View Post
I have another issue. My air bag light dings on and off and its beyond annoying. It doesn't do it all the time infact I can go a couple months with out it doing it then all the sudden it start doing it again and it will last for a week or two. Does anyone know why this would be?
I had that for a while after I had really punched the horn after someone cut me off. Out of frustration, I smacked the center horn pad again, and light went out. Happened several times after, and I found that by hitting the horn pad on the side, toward the middle, worked. You have to experiment. I suspect it's a connector under the horn pad. I haven't had it come back for months.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Jul 2008, 09:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
I smacked the center horn pad again, and light went out.
...the old addage, if a small hammer don't work, get a bigger hammer!

Old 22 Jul 2008, 04:51 pm
Young Cruiser

welcome....and why do you keep that car?