Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
traction problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 2008, 07:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default traction problem

Hey guys this is post #2 for me real quick New (to me) 05 GT w/5speed and 6500 miles for $10995 (after i signed i could not stop laughing at them). alright down to buisness. i was accelerating at a fast rate of speed in competition with another vehicle next to me (racing is illegal ) and i noticed that in second gear at about 2500 to 2750RPM i was breaking loose. i know in first gear this is more likely but i was in second! i know that is when my turbo has spooled and releases but second gear. i have a set of brand new good year eagle z rates on it and i checked the tire pressure and i also just opened a thread on "how to tell if you have a stage kit" but is this happening for anyone else? i noticed Mopar plug wires, a BOV, and denzo plugs so i think big blue had some work done to her in her previous life. is there anything i can do? is there a control modual that changes boost pressure w/ each gear. should i drive to work on slicks? =) i know this is a good problem to have but i am one of those people who has to understand things... and reffering back to the ALABAMA car dealer seems like apologizing for farting in an elevator full of people at a school for the deaf (i don't care who you are that's a funny joke!)
sorry ADHD kicked in again.... i you guys have anything please help (the car, i like the ADHD)
Old 24 Jul 2008, 08:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: traction problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefTank View Post
Hey guys this is post #2 for me real quick New (to me) 05 GT w/5speed and 6500 miles for $10995 (after i signed i could not stop laughing at them). alright down to buisness. i was accelerating at a fast rate of speed in competition with another vehicle next to me (racing is illegal ) and i noticed that in second gear at about 2500 to 2750RPM i was breaking loose. i know in first gear this is more likely but i was in second! i know that is when my turbo has spooled and releases but second gear. i have a set of brand new good year eagle z rates on it and i checked the tire pressure and i also just opened a thread on "how to tell if you have a stage kit" but is this happening for anyone else? i noticed Mopar plug wires, a BOV, and denzo plugs so i think big blue had some work done to her in her previous life. is there anything i can do? is there a control modual that changes boost pressure w/ each gear. should i drive to work on slicks? =) i know this is a good problem to have but i am one of those people who has to understand things... and reffering back to the ALABAMA car dealer seems like apologizing for farting in an elevator full of people at a school for the deaf (i don't care who you are that's a funny joke!)
sorry ADHD kicked in again.... i you guys have anything please help (the car, i like the ADHD)
Sounds like at least Stage 1. Do you have a boost gauge?

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 24 Jul 2008, 08:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

no, but i am in the process of getting my old Gtech Pro back from my brother. it should be here by the end of next week so maybe i can have some number to help. also, i have been reading, is the 05 gt 2.4 HO stock hp 230? or is that 06 and up?
Old 24 Jul 2008, 09:53 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
no, but i am in the process of getting my old Gtech Pro back from my brother. it should be here by the end of next week so maybe i can have some number to help. also, i have been reading, is the 05 gt 2.4 HO stock hp 230? or is that 06 and up?
Do you have the plastic intake manifold?

Old 26 Jul 2008, 09:59 am
Cool Cruiser

yes and it looks hidious, why would they do that to such a nice car?
Old 26 Jul 2008, 02:59 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
yes and it looks hidious, why would they do that to such a nice car?
Because it flows better and gives an extra 10 hp. Halfway through '05 Chrysler went to the plastic intake, but didn't claim the 10 extra hp until the '06 model year. Be happy you have 230 hp.

Old 26 Jul 2008, 03:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

don't get me wrong, i don't think i can say this enough, I LOVE MY PT GT!!!! words don't describe it for me. i try and find reasons just to go into the garage and look at it.