PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
traction problem

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2008, 07:18 pm
ChefTank's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: huntsvegas AL
Posts: 262
Default traction problem

Hey guys this is post #2 for me real quick New (to me) 05 GT w/5speed and 6500 miles for $10995 (after i signed i could not stop laughing at them). alright down to buisness. i was accelerating at a fast rate of speed in competition with another vehicle next to me (racing is illegal ) and i noticed that in second gear at about 2500 to 2750RPM i was breaking loose. i know in first gear this is more likely but i was in second! i know that is when my turbo has spooled and releases but second gear. i have a set of brand new good year eagle z rates on it and i checked the tire pressure and i also just opened a thread on "how to tell if you have a stage kit" but is this happening for anyone else? i noticed Mopar plug wires, a BOV, and denzo plugs so i think big blue had some work done to her in her previous life. is there anything i can do? is there a control modual that changes boost pressure w/ each gear. should i drive to work on slicks? =) i know this is a good problem to have but i am one of those people who has to understand things... and reffering back to the ALABAMA car dealer seems like apologizing for farting in an elevator full of people at a school for the deaf (i don't care who you are that's a funny joke!)
sorry ADHD kicked in again.... i you guys have anything please help (the car, i like the ADHD)
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2008, 08:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oregon.
Posts: 3,521
Default Re: traction problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefTank View Post
Hey guys this is post #2 for me real quick New (to me) 05 GT w/5speed and 6500 miles for $10995 (after i signed i could not stop laughing at them). alright down to buisness. i was accelerating at a fast rate of speed in competition with another vehicle next to me (racing is illegal ) and i noticed that in second gear at about 2500 to 2750RPM i was breaking loose. i know in first gear this is more likely but i was in second! i know that is when my turbo has spooled and releases but second gear. i have a set of brand new good year eagle z rates on it and i checked the tire pressure and i also just opened a thread on "how to tell if you have a stage kit" but is this happening for anyone else? i noticed Mopar plug wires, a BOV, and denzo plugs so i think big blue had some work done to her in her previous life. is there anything i can do? is there a control modual that changes boost pressure w/ each gear. should i drive to work on slicks? =) i know this is a good problem to have but i am one of those people who has to understand things... and reffering back to the ALABAMA car dealer seems like apologizing for farting in an elevator full of people at a school for the deaf (i don't care who you are that's a funny joke!)
sorry ADHD kicked in again.... i you guys have anything please help (the car, i like the ADHD)
Sounds like at least Stage 1. Do you have a boost gauge?
__________________
\'05 Stone White SRT4

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2008, 08:39 pm
ChefTank's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: huntsvegas AL
Posts: 262
Default Re: traction problem

no, but i am in the process of getting my old Gtech Pro back from my brother. it should be here by the end of next week so maybe i can have some number to help. also, i have been reading, is the 05 gt 2.4 HO stock hp 230? or is that 06 and up?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2008, 09:53 pm
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oregon.
Posts: 3,521
Default Re: traction problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefTank View Post
no, but i am in the process of getting my old Gtech Pro back from my brother. it should be here by the end of next week so maybe i can have some number to help. also, i have been reading, is the 05 gt 2.4 HO stock hp 230? or is that 06 and up?
Do you have the plastic intake manifold?
__________________
\'05 Stone White SRT4

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2008, 09:59 am
ChefTank's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: huntsvegas AL
Posts: 262
Default Re: traction problem

yes and it looks hidious, why would they do that to such a nice car?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2008, 02:59 pm
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oregon.
Posts: 3,521
Default Re: traction problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefTank View Post
yes and it looks hidious, why would they do that to such a nice car?
Because it flows better and gives an extra 10 hp. Halfway through '05 Chrysler went to the plastic intake, but didn't claim the 10 extra hp until the '06 model year. Be happy you have 230 hp.
__________________
\'05 Stone White SRT4

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2008, 03:39 pm
ChefTank's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: huntsvegas AL
Posts: 262
Default Re: traction problem

don't get me wrong, i don't think i can say this enough, I LOVE MY PT GT!!!! words don't describe it for me. i try and find reasons just to go into the garage and look at it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$50 (paypal) to whoever can solve my A/C problem intend Tech & Performance Forum 5 03 May 2008 08:08 pm
ARRG!! Odd problem and loose sensor Jason_L General Turbo Discussions 4 18 Mar 2006 01:40 pm
I think I'm having a power steering problem! lumofny Tech & Performance Forum 5 18 Jan 2005 01:12 pm
Unknown RPM surge problem (manual) Ctown Tech & Performance Forum 4 26 Dec 2004 08:48 pm
Sqealing problem in 2003 PT Cruiser labradorlover Tech & Performance Forum 21 31 Dec 2003 03:44 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 am.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors