PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

hesitation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Sep 2001, 04:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default hesitation

Has anyone complained about hesitation while accelerating? I have a automatic PT. It seems to bog down and then it goes quite well. Also at a steady spped the engine seems to rev up for a moment and then resume it normal speed. This occurs at all rpm ranges. Any thoughts, it would be appreciated. Thanks. JST CRZN

Old 07 Sep 2001, 09:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'm no expert, but it sounds like something that happened to me when I had a Chevy Z24. Turned out it was the computer acting up and getting its signals messed up. Try pulling the negative cable for about 30 seconds from the battery. You'll loose your clock and preset radio stations. Re-attach it and start the car and go for a short run to let the computer re-learn the car. Happy CREWZIN!

CREWZIN
Old 09 Sep 2001, 11:16 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:
I'm no expert, but it sounds like something that happened to me when I had a Chevy Z24. Turned out it was the computer acting up and getting its signals messed up. Try pulling the negative cable for about 30 seconds from the battery. You'll loose your clock and preset radio stations. Re-attach it and start the car and go for a short run to let the computer re-learn the car. Happy CREWZIN!

CREWZIN
Old 09 Oct 2001, 10:15 am
Fresh Cruiser

Is your AC or Defog on? Since Defog uses AC air to maximize the effect. We noticed a major hesitation when the AC is engaged, many times I forget its on and wonder whats wrong with the car.

Chris and Alison Nolan
http://members.home.net/loyal14
Old 21 Oct 2001, 02:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have a 5 spd, & have also noticed a hesitation on accelleration.
It only happens when the A/C is running. The condition has improved as the mileage increases. (I've gone approx 3700 miles so far.) If you have very low mileage, try giving it more time. The engine management computer is a 'learning' type, that learns your driving style & adjusts to it. (source of info, a Chrysler mechanic).
You could also ask your dealer about your problem, Chrysler is constantly doing product updates, & may have a fix.

Old 23 Oct 2001, 02:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The Cruiser a/c has an automatic compressor cut-off under heavy acceleration, whenever te a/c system (incl defrost) is on.

Cruiserjim: 5 speed black Limited; ABS/4-whl discs; 17" wheels/tires; Progress sway bars and strut tower brace; H&R springs; Xenon bumper covers fr/rr; Bassani duals; home-made intake mod; lots of other goodies!
Old 23 Oct 2001, 04:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I had a verry sim problem.... Had the dealer do an update on my computer... Then got a cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust, and new plugs and wires... Car excells great now.. As far as the rpms going up when you come to a stop.. Been there done that... At first the dealer said it was the transmission sylonid pack.. Fixed the problem for about a week.. Then they pulled the tranny and said a seal went bad causing the problem.. Hope I could help