Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
noticed something odd on an 03

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Aug 2008, 03:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default noticed something odd on an 03

look at the gas gauge and you will see an arrow to the right of the gas pump but no arrow to the left of the hot water symbol......wonder why
Old 07 Aug 2008, 03:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: noticed something odd on an 03

It's pointing to the side of the car where you put the gas in.

In every car, if you don't see the arrow, the picture of the pump will have the hose on the left or right depending on where your filler spout is.

That's in case your in a strange car and not sure which side to pull up to the gas pumps. The only thing is, most people don't know about it.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 07 Aug 2008 at 03:48 pm.
Old 07 Aug 2008, 04:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

thanks, never thought of that but it makes perfect sense
Old 08 Aug 2008, 05:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

it took me 2 years to notice that arrow !! lol
Old 17 Aug 2008, 02:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

My Cruiser takes gas?! No wonder it won't start anymore.lol
I thought that little round door on the side was where snakes could ride,the entrance is just the right size.
Totally joking,I thought all cars had this little feature.
Old 17 Aug 2008, 02:42 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

The 2005 GMC Savanna I drive for work DOES NOT have any type of arrow or anything to point which side the gas tank is on....I just know its the side of the car where I drive, lol.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 17 Aug 2008, 03:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucantcme View Post
The 2005 GMC Savanna I drive for work DOES NOT have any type of arrow or anything to point which side the gas tank is on....I just know its the side of the car where I drive, lol.
In some cars or trucks, the arrow isn't there but there's a picture of a gas pump and the gas pump handle should be on the side of the pump that's the same side as the gas cap.

Saying that, my Corvette has the fuel inlet right in the middle of the back and the little picture has the handle on the right ???

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Aug 2008, 04:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
In some cars or trucks, the arrow isn't there but there's a picture of a gas pump and the gas pump handle should be on the side of the pump that's the same side as the gas cap.

Saying that, my Corvette has the fuel inlet right in the middle of the back and the little picture has the handle on the right ???
There's always ONE that is different and this time it is yours!! Maybe because of the year??

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar