PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

41TE Trans. Solenoid Pack, I have 2 part #s???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Nov 2008, 01:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 41TE Trans. Solenoid Pack, I have 2 part #s???

Ok, so while in South Miami, 315 miles away from home, the ole PT decides it would be a great time to throw a PO700 code and go into limp mode! So, 13 hours later at 25 mph, I get home.

Im going out on a limb and guessing its the infamous solenoid pack. So I had the wife call the dealer. They claim, the turbo ( I have a GT, so yes, turbo) solenoid pack is different than the non turbo? But wouldnt give part #'s. How nice. So I found some Chrysler part # sites, and theres part # 05015646AC for ALL 2004 PT's. But 2005 takes part # 05140429AA but yet both say there good for 1989 and up?

Anybody run into this? Or have any info, I would like to grab a Ebay one and save a hundred bucks, but also dont want to waste it either! Thanks
Old 15 Nov 2008, 01:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 41TE Trans. Solenoid Pack, I have 2 part #s???

Before you go out and buy ANYTHING, you should know that the P0700 fault code is for information ONLY.

The Transmission/Transaxle Controller monitors the malfunction of sensors and actuators relating to Transmission/Transaxle Control. If any malfunction is detected, they inform the PCM by sending a signal - By illuminating the MIL and by setting the P0700 code.

P0700 means that a code has been set in the Transmission/Transaxle Controller.

Check for Transmission/Transaxle codes with a scanner.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 15 Nov 2008, 02:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks Crewzin, but you know the dealer, they want near a 100 bucks to pull the true code, and it seems that the solenoid packs the most common issue, so Im gonna gamble and just buy one for 100 bucks and hope for the best! Worst case scenario, I have a new solenoid pack that I probaly will need soon anyway!
Old 15 Nov 2008, 02:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Found some more information for you from PT Do-it-Yourself.net.

I have a 2002 BE PT with 23.5k miles. The check engine light came on and self test indicated a P0141 fault code. I continued to drive the car for an additional month without changing the O2 sensor. Then, suddenly the car went into "Limp" mode and code P0700. The OBD2 says it is 0755: Solenoid B Malfunction. Today I finally changed the O2 sensor, but the transmission is still stuck in limp mode. Should I try to change ATF-4 fluid in transmission and filter, or should I just change the Solenoid pack? How can I reset the computer in the car in order to take it out of limp mode? Thanks for your kind suggestions. Marvin, from Honduras.

The second gear limp-in feature allows the vehicle to be driven to a dealer for servicing without damaging the transaxle. In the event that the problem has been momentarily the transaxle can be reset to regain all forward gears. Stop the vehicle and shift to park (P). Turn the key off then restart the engine. Shift into D and resume driving. If the transaxle can not be reset, dealer service is required to resolve the issue before it can be reset.

P0700 DTC is an informational DTC letting you know that a DTC(s) is stored in the Transmission Control Module. Erase this DTC from the PCM after all Transmission DTC(s) have been repaired. According to the 05 Transmission Diagnostic manual P0141 and P0755 could be a number of things:

P0141

O2 Sensor Heater Operation
O2 Heater Element
O2 Heater Ground Circuit Open
O2 Heater Control Circuit Open
PCM

A DTC is the result of a system or circuit failure, but does not directly identify the failed component or components. It could be any of the conditions that I identified below. I would not assume that it is the solenoid pack without further tests with a DRB scan tool and diagnostic manual. The diagnostic manual suggests checking the transaxle fluid level to make sure it is correct before conducting any tests and to see if it resolves the issue.

P0755

Related Relay DTC's Present
Transmission Control Relay Output Circuit Open
2/4 Solenoid Control Circuit Open
2/4 Solenoid Control Circuit Short To Ground
2/4 Solenoid Control Circuit Short To Voltage
2/4 Solenoid
Powertrain Control Module
Intermittent Wiring and Connectors

P.S. I'm just 20 miles north of you in Lecanto.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Old 15 Nov 2008, 06:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

HEy Crewzin, I often look for your PT the few times Ive found myself in your neck of the woods! If I leave now, I can limp it there by sun up!
Old 15 Nov 2008, 06:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Three days a week you'll fine my PT outside the Sheriff's office in Crystal River. Other than that I go all over the place.
Not down to Spring Hill much except for maybe a Friday night at Hardee's at 19/50 but then I take my Vette.

Hope you find your problem. Good luck.
Old 15 Nov 2008, 06:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Let me know next time your going down to the Hardees. What year Vette? I have a 89, who just became my daily driver while the PT is on vacation!
Old 15 Nov 2008, 06:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

87, check out "my Go Daddy home page" that's in my signature at the bottom of this reply.
Old 16 Nov 2008, 11:17 am
Cool Cruiser

Several times I had the dred PO700 code and was in the middle of nowhere. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and was able to drive normally home, or to the dealer. You just baby it on the way in. Each time the dealer repaired/rebuilt the tranny the torque converter was replaced along with the clutches, servo pack and shafts.
Old 16 Nov 2008, 11:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Crewzin, thats sharp!

Little blue Gt? Unless you have 300K miles or beat the livin crap out of your car, I bet ya your dealer has taken you a time or 2!
I did try the battery trick, worked for about 2 miles. Oh well