Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2008 brake or tranny problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jan 2009, 10:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2008 brake or tranny problem

Hi all. My mother has a 2008 Cruiser that has 11k miles on it. Recently it has started to make a slight bump when you are coming to a stop. It does not do it every time. If the car was rear wheel drive you would think it had a broke trans mount. The dealership claims there was something added to the brake fluid to cause this problem. The last place that changed the oil says they are not responsible and will not pay to have it fixed. Has anyone had the same issue or any ideas?
Old 06 Jan 2009, 07:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: 2008 brake or tranny problem

Not an uncommon occurance. It's not normal but not anything to worry about. I'm not sure but there may be a flash for the bump.... Have the dealer due a quicklearn for the transmission. Sometimes the PCM learns bad information and does weird things. I had one transmission that had a bad bump in the 2-3 shift. When I checked the CVI's it showed that essentailly it had learned to apply third gear immediately. It was in 2 gears at the same time for about a half second or so. Did a quick learn on the transmission and problem solved. Why did it learn that? Don't know.