Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Is my engine an LO and what option ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Feb 2009, 11:46 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Is my engine an LO and what option ?

Hello Just purchased a 2004 2.4L Turbo Touring PT Cruiser. How do I determine if it is the 150 hp NON-Aspirated, 180 hp LO, or the 220 hp Turbo HO.
See my other post on the topic of the Jet Power Control Module also installed in this car. Awesome car !
Old 26 Feb 2009, 01:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Is my engine an LO and what option ?

What you most likely have is the 180hp Turbo Lite. The engine internals are beefed up for extra strength but the computer is detuned so you can use regular fuel instead of premium. The other model that your talking about is the GT with 220 (maybe 230hp) and I believe would say so on the rear hatch.

You definitely do not have the 150hp N/A model if it says 2.4 L Turbo on the hatch.

By the way, everybody has the 2.4 liter, all the power plants in the U.S. are the same. Overseas models have different choices.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 26 Feb 2009 at 01:42 pm.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 02:23 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

yes they do overseas they even have a Diesel wonder if they have a Turbo Diesel????? with a 5 speed man that would be a good running car
Old 26 Feb 2009, 02:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexington View Post
Hello Just purchased a 2004 2.4L Turbo Touring PT Cruiser. How do I determine if it is the 150 hp NON-Aspirated, 180 hp LO, or the 220 hp Turbo HO.
See my other post on the topic of the Jet Power Control Module also installed in this car. Awesome car !
Look inside the gas tank lid/cover, if it says Use Hi Test Only" you have a GT w/220 or 230. Some people remove the badges from the trunk lids. Congratulations and welcome.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 26 Feb 2009, 06:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusierdad76 View Post
yes they do overseas they even have a Diesel wonder if they have a Turbo Diesel????? with a 5 speed man that would be a good running car
It is a turbodiesel - Mercedes-made.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 26 Feb 2009, 06:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexington View Post
If it's a Touring, it has to be the 180HP if it's a turbo.
You should contact Jet and see what they tell you about their module - it may require premium fuel.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles