Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Taking Off Rev Limiter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Apr 2009, 02:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Taking Off Rev Limiter?

is it hard to take the limiter off.i mean is there really an easy step or do you need to change the ecu.i have a 04 pt
Old 07 Apr 2009, 06:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Taking Off Rev Limiter?

It's built into the PCM.
Old 08 Apr 2009, 05:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

And why would you want to? You have a mechanic you want to subsidize?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 Apr 2009, 11:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator529 View Post
is it hard to take the limiter off.i mean is there really an easy step or do you need to change the ecu.i have a 04 pt
leave limiter on just get it super chipped then keep your old chip incase you sell it i have an 03 and it does 130mph and when turbo kicks in it flies and you will not blow engine upiand stuff the mechanic.
Old 10 Apr 2009, 12:45 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994uk View Post
leave limiter on just get it super chipped then keep your old chip incase you sell it i have an 03 and it does 130mph and when turbo kicks in it flies and you will not blow engine upiand stuff the mechanic.
You can't super chip a PT.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 10 Apr 2009, 01:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

[QUOTE=Mean Green;257576]You can't super chip a PT. [/hi what planet you on mine is desel with a super chip done by mini sport at padium £500 aprox it puts mor torque on the bottom end thanks phil
Old 10 Apr 2009, 01:34 pm
Veteran Cruiser

[QUOTE=1994uk;257578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
You can't super chip a PT. [/hi what planet you on mine is desel with a super chip done by mini sport at padium £500 aprox it puts mor torque on the bottom end thanks phil
You are talking Europe. We don't get the diesel here. Here you can't just chip it as the chip is intergrated into the pcm. In the states, for the non turbo PT, you can send your pcm in to have it reprogrammed, but there is no such thing as switching out chips. Now, just recently, they have come out with a hand held programmer that allows you to change the tune, but that is for the PT turbo only.

Old 10 Apr 2009, 01:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

[QUOTE=Mean Green;257579]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994uk View Post

You are talking Europe. We don't get the diesel here. Here you can't just chip it as the chip is intergrated into the pcm. In the states, for the non turbo PT, you can send your pcm in to have it reprogrammed, but there is no such thing as switching out chips. Now, just recently, they have come out with a hand held programmer that allows you to change the tune, but that is for the PT turbo only.
hi sorry please accept my apologey did not realise where you was allso that you did not have desel pt's i waS OVER THER IN MIAMI 3 MONTHS AGO and love the pt estate none over here yet hpe you ave better look with your problem i will ask around and let you know .
Old 10 Apr 2009, 03:19 pm
Veteran Cruiser

[QUOTE=1994uk;257580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
hi sorry please accept my apologey did not realise where you was allso that you did not have desel pt's i waS OVER THER IN MIAMI 3 MONTHS AGO and love the pt estate none over here yet hpe you ave better look with your problem i will ask around and let you know .
Thanks, but no problem. My wife has a '04 non turbo PT and is not willing to let me modify it at all. I had a '03 PT GT that was modded to 280 hp. I now have a Neon SRT-4 (same turbo engine as the PT turbo) that is modded to 350 hp so I really don't need any help in that department. I've been to Florida before and it is an entirely different world, especially different from Oregon where I live.

Old 14 Apr 2009, 10:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

thanks everyone.it was just an idea to either take it off or not.but ill leave it on for now.really its just to much work to take it off for a little thing.