Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Engine Light ON

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Apr 2009, 07:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Engine Light ON

Hello everyone! I have a 2003 PT Cruiser Dreamcruiser Turbo and I'm trying to figure out why my engine light is on. I tried to do the "RUN to OFF to Run" on the ignition and it gave me a SoF 54. Which I think may not be the code. I heard it should start with a "P".

Then I tried pressing the odometer switch while I turned the key to run where it did the "1111111" to "999999" sequence. It gave me a couple of codes which are

FL 0007
EE 11
bl 01

After this segment the fuel gauge, the speedometer, and temp gauge did the step thing where it went from 1/4 of the dial to 1/2 then to the full range of the gauges.

I still did not see a code that starts with a "P".

At the end of the process, it did not give a code and all the digital gauges just lit up and went back to the original position.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Which non
Old 08 Apr 2009, 05:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Engine Light ON

Here's the "key trick"
Engine off.
Put key to "on" - right before start.
Back one click to "off"
then On
off
On.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 08 Apr 2009, 05:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If you can't seem to do the "trick", take it to a local parts store (Pep Bys, Advance Auto or Auto Zone and they will read the codes for free.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 08 Apr 2009, 05:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I see you got an error code, same problem as this post?
Code P0441

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Old 08 Apr 2009, 07:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
I see you got an error code, same problem as this post?
Code P0441
Yes that is the code. I did check the fuel cap and it was a little bit loose. So I tightened it yesterday and I drove it today but the "check engine light" is still on.

Do you think I should disconnect the battery to reset the codes?

thanks,
Old 08 Apr 2009, 07:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Here's the "key trick"
Engine off.
Put key to "on" - right before start.
Back one click to "off"
then On
off
On.
Quicksilver,

Thank you that did work and i got the P0441 code in regards to faulty evaporation....blah...lol

I checked the fuel cap and it seems it was not tightened... I drove it today and the light is still on... I saw in another post that I should give the computer a couple of days to figure out that it has been fixed...

what do you think?
Old 08 Apr 2009, 09:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Disconnect the negative cable for about 5 minutes, that should clear the code(s).

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 09 Apr 2009, 08:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiraCruiser View Post

what do you think?
Give it a bit. You won't hurt the engine - the code is for emissions. Or, you can take a battery terminal off for a few minutes. If the code comes back, try a new gas cap - they aren't much. If that isn't it, gets harder and more costly to fix.

Old 09 Apr 2009, 09:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

A quick note - I got this code several times because windshield washer fluid dripped directly on the PCM connectors. Shouldn't normally be a problem, but something to look into I suppose.

P0441 is usually the gas cap. I think it takes 20 starts without the error before it clears. No harm to the engine P0441 is not a showstopper.
Old 09 Apr 2009, 09:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate the help. The check engine light finally disappeared today. I guess that is one more knowledge I can keep to help me maintain my cruiser.....I guess it was just the fuel cap and it did take several trips before the code cleared itself...Thanks again...