Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Test Pipe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Apr 2009, 11:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Test Pipe

I know there are some forums about this but they are so out dated and didn't help me to much.
Ok I have an automatic pt with custom exhaust running, but I was thinking about taking out the cat converter and putting in a test pipe. How much gains will I get and how much louder will it be.
I am sure someone by now has done this please help. I also was thinking if I bought a test pipe for a 2000 up dodge neon would that fit mine it looks about right. I just need some adivice!
Old 08 Apr 2009, 07:21 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Test Pipe

You do know that if you take out the catalytic converter, your breaking Federal Law.
2001 LE, Shale Green, Aftermarket Wheels, Shorty Antenna, AirRaid Cold Air Intake, Whelen Talons (amber/white) in front windshield, Whelen Talons (amber) in rear side windows, Tomar RECT25's (amber) and Whelen Slimlighter(amber) in back window. Kenwood TK-880H 45 Watt Mobile Radio, Antenex 3db antenna w/ NMO mount.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0PT%20Cruiser/

Ham: N9PTC
GMRS: WPQS324
Old 08 Apr 2009, 09:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

yes I do but they dont look under the car here anymore, so I should be good.
Old 08 Apr 2009, 09:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Something to read while waiting for an answer...

Boostcruising.com > Illegally Dark Tint

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 08 Apr 2009, 10:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Something to read while waiting for an answer...

Boostcruising.com > Illegally Dark Tint
What about it?
Old 09 Apr 2009, 06:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Just pointing out that insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying so if they find anything that makes the car illegal (even if there's no inspection in the state) they can cancel policies or refuse to pay after a crash.

I know for a fact (being with the Sheriff's Office) that if there's a fatality at a crash scene, both (or all) vehicles are impounded, taken to the maintenance yard and thoroughly gone over for any infractions which are taken into consideration for charges and all records are handed to the insurance company's.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Apr 2009, 09:16 am
Young Cruiser

Listen to Crewzin. The only thing you will gain is exhaust noise. Any backpress associated with converts is compensated for by your CPU. You can screw up the sensor feedbacks.
Old 09 Apr 2009, 09:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Really? I didn't even think about that with insurance. Yeah so do I ask insurance about the tint I mean obviously its illegal but do I take it off incase of that as well.

Also crewzin 1 more question what about a high flow cat?
thanks for your knowledge
Old 09 Apr 2009, 01:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I read that link you put on there crewzin and some of those people aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.They said you can't have darker than 35% on rear windows when you can have any darkness on your rear window, all the way down to 2.5%.And a test pipe isnt gonna give you hardly any more power all it will do is cause more noise inside your car.My buddy has a megan racing test pipe on his 240sx and you can barely hold a conversation in his car now.Plus they're going to start emissions testing sometime soon everywhere man.Al Gore is coming after us!
Old 09 Apr 2009, 02:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yea, I know that forum wasn't the best example but it was talking about the subject I was trying to make my point about (insurance). Different states have different laws about tinting, but as far as I know it's the drivers and passenger doors plus the windshield that have the restrictions on. The rear door and the back window can be as dark as your like.

IF there's a crash (especially at night) and you happen to have illegally tinted front doors or windshield, that can be a definite contributing factor in the crash.

When I first got the cruiser I had the front doors tinted the same as the rear. I found out the first night that you can't see a darn thing out those windows at night unless the object itself it lit up. Turning corners was like driving with horse blinders on, scary. Went to legal tint the next day.

It's up to you what you tell your insurance company. I was stating facts.