Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
bit of help needed..performance mods 2.0lt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Apr 2009, 07:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default bit of help needed..performance mods 2.0lt

hi ,got myself a 2.0lt auto limited pt cruiser....but have found it lacks power....ive changed the stock filter for performance type one and seems to have lost power big time that way too....im no youngster when it comes to fitting and problem solving my car but im stumped when looking for a company to remapp my car ,1st question is Can you remap a 2.0lt pt cruiser(p.s. im in england)....2nd question Does the standard air filter work better than performance k&n type one,3rd question could i just swop engines and get 2.4tdi model to go str8 under the hood,many thanks people johnny
Old 04 May 2011, 03:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: bit of help needed..performance mods 2.0lt

I'm a new 'cruiser owner too, and I'm finding mine the same, lacking in power. The book says it has 141 bhp, which should be plenty, it just doesn't seem to be able to use it.
I was thinking of adding a K&N filter, but I guess you found it doesn't help. I have read that swapping the coil pack, ht and plugs for uprated items improves thing, so I'm going to try that next service.
A chip mod would be ace though...
Old 04 May 2011, 07:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: bit of help needed..performance mods 2.0lt

I had a 2.0L auto - but it was in a Neon, which is much lighter than a PT.

Did you just get an air filter, or an intake? An intake helps, as does an exhaust, but not by a lot.

DO NOT replace the coil - the stock coil is better than aftermarket coils.

I know of no remapping (chip) of the PT engines, except for the diesel.

Do you two know of the UKCruisers?

UK Cruisers Club Forum Information

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles