Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
EvEn LoWer???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2009, 02:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default EvEn LoWer???

new member to this. just a quick question? i have a stonewhite '05. lowered 2inches fron and 3.25" rear is there any other method of lowering it without having to go to the coilovers?
Old 17 Apr 2009, 02:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: EvEn LoWer???

Air suspension. Lots of $$$$ but you can then decide how low or how high to go.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 02:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ahhh! man! is there like a spring holder of somekind kind of like spring compressors? because i only wanna lower the back about 3/4 inch! thnx!
Old 17 Apr 2009, 02:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

There's spring compressors but you wouldn't want to leave them on all the time. You lowered the front 2 inches, rear 3.25 so your PT should sit level now. Are you trying to raise the front UP by making the rear lower ?
Old 17 Apr 2009, 02:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Re: EvEn LoWer???

actually im trying to make it level. i have tokico shocks in the rear and 2"in drop springs in the rear also but the tokicos are supposed to lower it 1.25" but im not seeing it. this is why i wanna see if there a small alternative!
Old 17 Apr 2009, 02:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The Tokico's didn't move mine at all. All the drop was done with the Eibach lower springs. You originally said you dropped it 3.25 but I guess you were thinking the Tokico's helped .....they don't, they just help the ride.

You can take the rear springs off and half someone cut one round out. But if it isn't done right you could go too low.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 02:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ouch! okay ill have to see about that... thanks!!!
Old 17 Apr 2009, 02:40 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman

Hey their FreddyJLO,

I actually got the Super Slammers at one point which was supposed to level it, but it still raked it by a full 2" in back, so I had my friend fab some one of springs which gave me a full 3 / 5 drop, and leveled it at 4" from the ground on all four corners. The back end still has a ton of room, but the front end is solid on 3/4" trimmed bump stops , and sits 1/2 off the tires. The reason it wont rub is only because their is no place but up for travel since it is as low as it can possibly go, and still drive it. Here is a couple of pic's.

I am actually going to try to hopefully pull off air ride in a few months. If everything goes to plan, I am going to remove the plastic inner fender wells in front, and custom fab some new diamond plate fender wells that will go all the way up to the top of the inside fender to make more clearance, and most likely re-locate the rear fender wells higher up so that when I get the bags on, my goal is to get my ride to sit like this at which point I should be one of the lowest PT's around! Here are a couple of Photoshoped Pics my friend John did for me of where it should sit when all is done.

Anyways, custom springs are about the only way other than air ride that I know of to get it perfectly level.

Go easy, and I will catch you later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 17 Apr 2009, 02:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

wow! yeah i love the way it sits right now. thats how i want the rear to look. how much was the custom springs? so it sits even like that?
Old 17 Apr 2009, 02:58 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
The Tokico's didn't move mine at all. All the drop was done with the Eibach lower springs. You originally said you dropped it 3.25 but I guess you were thinking the Tokico's helped .....they don't, they just help the ride.

You can take the rear springs off and half someone cut one round out. But if it isn't done right you could go too low.
Sorry, if you do that you'll destroy the ride. You ever see a car with cut springs? Does the word BOUNCY ring a bell?

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic