Advertisements
Just blowing off a little steam:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 May 2009, 08:07 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Unhappy Just blowing off a little steam:

Hey Everyone,

I figured it would happen some time. I spent the past three days prepping my ride for the big Show up in Stanton tomorrow, and last night I decided to take er out for a quick Cruise over to the Game Store for my boy, and on the way back I noticed the temp going up in a hurry. So I stopped, and shut er off right quick and let er cool down. After everything was alright I tried again to limp her home but no luck. SO I gave up and had top call a wrecker to take it into my mechanic's shop, and boy howdy, that wrecker operator earned his money last night trying to get my beast up on his flatbed without scraping, or high centering it! We worked on it for a good hour or so!

Anyways, apparently we got a faulty fan switch, and stuck Thermostat causing all the problems. We got the T-Stat no problem, but the rest had to be ordered as our beloved Local Chrysler Dealer closed down a few months ago so we have to special order parts from Palm Springs!

So, long story short, my baby is all locked up in the shop safe, and snug waiting for easy, and lame parts which I am told should be in sometime after 10:00 AM Monday Morning! I try my very best to keep on top of everything so it won't leave me hanging, but I recon you just can't win them all! This is the first time though in six years that she left me hanging so I can't complain too much really! Especially when it is in and out of the shop getting taken apart, and back together, and then sit for months on end in storage waiting for show season! Kinda takes its toll no matter how carfull the guys may be! Such is the life of a full time Show Car.

Anyways, thanks for listening to me carry on my little rant! YOu guys go real easy, and I will catch ya later on!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 15 May 2009, 08:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Just blowing off a little steam:

Don,

Things like that can't be for-told and no matter how much preventative maintenance you do, parts go bad. Believe me, I know and they never happen at the best times. Hope you get your ride back soon and in tip top shape.

Carey aka CREWZIN

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 15 May 2009, 08:45 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Talking Re: Just blowing off a little steam:

Hey their Crewzin,

I sure do appreciate it! I think I was more worried bout getting her up on the Flatbed, and back off again than anything! She is kinda vertically challenged in that cool kinda way.

I am actually really, really impressed with how well the thing is built! To have never given a problem of any kind since new other than a defect in the tranny, and this is just a minor fix, is really impressive to me! I have had my Nissan Titan for a good two years now, and have had more little odds, and ends, and rattles here and their than I can shake a stick at. Mostly little annoying things that I try to fix whenever I find them, but still. Should have bought a Chrysler product! LOL Its all the salesman's fault. I wanted something to tow the PT and he had to bring it out already with 22" rims, big loud Bassini Exhaust, and a big high powered bumping soundsystem already in it! At least I did buy it from our Chrysler Dealer!

GO easy my friend, and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 16 May 2009, 02:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Just blowing off a little steam:

It happens to the best of us, show car or not. When it's a heavily depended upon mode of transportation it's just as important so I feel your pain. I'd say that it only happens at the worst times imaginable, but in all honesty, when is it ever a good time for something to break? I think some circumstances are just more easily dealt with is all.