PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
HID Problems, Questions, etc..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2009, 03:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to CYCLONE_06 Send a message via Yahoo to CYCLONE_06
Default HID Problems, Questions, etc..

I got a set of plug and plays, installed them, the lights work fine, no flickering, however, they cut some of my radio stations out, they turn to pure static on FM. Now, I tried grounding them, etc. Nothing works.

Today I called a local tint and audio shop that deals with HIDs. The guy told me that I need some kind of extra harness that changes the power and ground wires so that when you turn the lights on they draw the power from the battery. He said the ballasts are probably sending negative feedback through the factory wires, and by adding this auxillary harness, it should cure the problem. He also said this aux. harness will prevent flickering later on, and eventually the melting of the stock wiring harness.

I dont really know what to think, if hes right or if he doesnt know his stuff or what. Hes pretty well reputable, so I dunno. Have any of you guys ever had any melting issues ?

I just tried a few more things. Unplugged one ballast at a time, nothing changed. Reversed the plugs on the ballast, and headlight, nothing. Also noticed that the fogs are doing the same thing after I unplugged the headlights and just turned the fogs on.

~CYCLONE_06

"It's been said winning isn't everything... Just not by me."
--Mark Martin