Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Diablosport Predator noob Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2009, 11:50 pm
Young Cruiser

Question Diablosport Predator noob Question

Looking at this Diablo Sport Predator Tuner, I already have a Stage 1, BOV, getting ready to do the next step in performance by modifying the airbox. Mr question is this:

A) Will the Diablo Predator do much for me?

B) Does one need to purchase it, or is this a device that can be taken from one vehicle and used to program another? Or is it a device that once your car is tuned using it, it must remain with your car at all times?

Please let me know. If it can be used with multiple vehicles, I'd like to meet up with someone perhaps at like Carlisle this summer who knows what they're doing and can tune my car using their Predator. I'd fork over some $$ for their time and service if this works.

Otherwise, I know NOTHING about programming tuners to venture into this route, especially since to me it's very pricey. Perhaps someone can shed some light on my lack of knowledge on this topic to inform me better?

/// 1989 SHELBY CSX-VNT #144/// 1989 SHELBY CSX-VNT #414///
2004 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER GT ///

Old 21 May 2009, 12:36 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Diablosport Predator noob Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantaptcruiser View Post
Looking at this Diablo Sport Predator Tuner, I already have a Stage 1, BOV, getting ready to do the next step in performance by modifying the airbox. Mr question is this:

A) Will the Diablo Predator do much for me?

B) Does one need to purchase it, or is this a device that can be taken from one vehicle and used to program another? Or is it a device that once your car is tuned using it, it must remain with your car at all times?

Please let me know. If it can be used with multiple vehicles, I'd like to meet up with someone perhaps at like Carlisle this summer who knows what they're doing and can tune my car using their Predator. I'd fork over some $$ for their time and service if this works.

Otherwise, I know NOTHING about programming tuners to venture into this route, especially since to me it's very pricey. Perhaps someone can shed some light on my lack of knowledge on this topic to inform me better?
Once a car uses it it is locked to that car until you take it back to the original tune. No sharing when using the modified tune. Tons of info on the DSP at PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic