Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
computer problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2009, 05:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default computer problems

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum so I apologize if I posted this wrong. I have an 06 PT with an auto and 2.4L engine. I had my A/C serviced and they had replace the fan on the backside of the radiator ($760 parts and labor). When we got it back the airbag light in the speedo was on and so was the brake light (don't want toevendiscuss the argument that caused) which were not on when I dropped the car off for repair. A week later we made a trip to Cushing, Ok. to visit the in-laws and the A/C quit blowing cold air. I get back take the car in and they said I needed a new instrument cluster and a new PCM ( main computer) which will cost 1121.61!!! There sre 8 codes that say no communication. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. The repair shop wants $700 for the new computer, $160 for a used cluster andthe rest is labor and reprogramming fees. HELP!!!!
Old 23 May 2009, 06:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: computer problems

Moved you to the TECH section.

Personally, I think they (whoever serviced your A/C) screwed up something (electrically) when they changed the fan. None of the lights should have come on without them messing with it. The negative battery cable should have been taken off to prevent electrical faults during the change and it sounds like they shorted something out which messed up your computer.

After saying that, I don't know how your going to prove it. Just to show their incompetence, your A/C stopped working properly after they soaked you for the new fan and housing so they never did solve the original problem.
Old 23 May 2009, 06:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah that was the argument I had with the owner, took all I had to keep from jumping across the counter. I think I am going to pick up the vehicle and call around about the prices and carry it to another place. I mean it is hard enough to find good reliable mechanincs. It will run and drive great just the lights staring you in the face and no A/C
Old 16 Sep 2009, 06:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hello adamsfamily95....
I think you need second opinion. There are many companies in the Cary City, NC area that offer computer repair services and you should make your choice based on recommendations from satisfied local customers that will help you to take better decision I guess....