Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Office manager with AC problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jun 2009, 02:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation Office manager with AC problem

My office manager is having a problem with her A/C. She has spoken with several mechanics and it seems that she needs to have the "upper hose" that attaches to the compressor replaced. The problem is that the Chrysler dealership called her up and cancelled her appointment because the part she needs is no longer made. She has been unsuccessful in solving the problem (has been told the same thing by multiple sources) and has given up. I find it hard to believe that such a new car (2004) would be left unsupported like this, and wanted to check with people who might know where this part could be obtained.

Any ideas?

Sorry for the small amount of background info on this...this is all the info she will give me.

Thanks,

John
Old 09 Jun 2009, 03:08 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Office manager with AC problem

Mopar Parts America
They are where I buy all my dealer and hard to find parts for my cruiser and neons.

Here's a direct link to the breakdown and the pricing for the compressor hoses, perhaps she can purchase from them and deliver to a good mechanic (other than the dealer) to install and charge for her.

Mopar Parts America: PT. Cruiser A/C Components.
Old 09 Jun 2009, 03:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Office manager with AC problem

Thanks, now I just have to figure out what part is needed. Seems odd that moparparts.com seems to have everything, yet the dealer said they were discontinued and couldn't get them. The dealer only talked over the phone with my office manager and then called back when they determined that they couldn't get the part. But now no one seems to know what the exact part is. I haven't even looked at the car (not that it would help any).