PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Coolant.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jul 2009, 02:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Zombiess
Default Coolant.

I'm new to having a 2001 PT Limited Cruiser, and I have noticed that the temperature gauge went a little above half when going up hill, but it did start going down. It got below half to 1/4. I checked to see if there was Engine coolant, and it seems that there was about an inch and a half full, but my brother in law said that it expands when the car starts up and gets hot. Is this normal, or is there something wrong with my Temperature Gauge or radiator?
Old 08 Jan 2014, 07:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Coolant.

Please keep us in the know about cooling problem. I about to purchase a 2002 Limited and it has the same problems. The past owner threw everything (parts) at it, except a fan or relays. Your problems seem to be my problems. Let me know
Old 08 Jan 2014, 07:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Have you checked to see if the fan comes on at all? Also if you have enough coolant then you may have to bleed the air out of it. Look up how to do that. Its easy.

FEBRUARY CRUISER OF THE MONTH
Old 08 Jan 2014, 08:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Listen to Lenny's advice. There's plenty of reasons why the PT overheats but the three most likely are, bad Fan, air trapped in the system and a clogged or partially clogged radiator.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 08 Jan 2014, 08:34 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiess View Post
I'm new to having a 2001 PT Limited Cruiser, and I have noticed that the temperature gauge went a little above half when going up hill, but it did start going down. It got below half to 1/4. I checked to see if there was Engine coolant, and it seems that there was about an inch and a half full, but my brother in law said that it expands when the car starts up and gets hot. Is this normal, or is there something wrong with my Temperature Gauge or radiator?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFFMAN View Post
Please keep us in the know about cooling problem. I about to purchase a 2002 Limited and it has the same problems. The past owner threw everything (parts) at it, except a fan or relays. Your problems seem to be my problems. Let me know
Also ARFFMAN, don't expect an answer from Zombiess. You are answering a post of his from July 2009 and he hasn't been back since then.

Jerry