Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Transmission Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jul 2009, 09:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Transmission Problem

While on our trip up North (1385 miles), we noticed that when the tranny downshifted there was a definate "clunk" and you could feel it downshift. As I have had Chrysler tranny's go bad at 25,000 (Dodge Dakota) and 40,000 (2002 PT Cruiser) I just knew it was gone.

When I returned to Merritt Island I promptly took it to my dealer (Boniface), they put it on the computer and had to flash the transmission (TCM) and engine (PCM). The car now runs like a new one even tho it has only 14,600 miles on it.

If you have a problem and it is a newer car take it to the dealer as long as it is under warranty.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar