Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
out of curiosity banging on bumpy road

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2009, 03:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

Smile out of curiosity banging on bumpy road

hi got another question for all you cruiser experts.! When i go over a spead bump or rough ground my car makes a banging sound from the front end, I was informed it might be the bushes but when it had its last mot they never mentioned it just said i needed the track rod ends doing (which i did and that didnt make any difference) Its been like this for ages and has not got any worse or better. Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Sal
Old 14 Jul 2009, 06:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: out of curiosity banging on bumpy road

Sal,

There's lots of things under the front end that could be causing your bumping. The bushes over in England certainly are a big problem and it could have been overlooked at your last MOT. The sway bar and tie rod ends could also be loose or broken. We only have to guess at this point and your going to have to have someone do a hands-on looks from underneath. Forget about the MOT inspection as they might have just did a visual inspection and not really look for a particular problem if you didn't mention anything. I know a great mechanic in Harrogate but I'm sure you can find someone closer.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 06:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: out of curiosity banging on bumpy road

Hi there, the crusier is still pretty rare over here i think they only sell a few thousand every year, i also think i am the only one at my lolcal garage (lol i like to stand out) My uncle's a mechanic so hes gonna have a look at it for me this week plus i have the trouble with the codes (not that turbo charger wastegate solenoid meens any thing to me) just hoping that its not gonna be a huge job to get her put right...