Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
oil pan bolt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jul 2009, 05:38 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default oil pan bolt

well i tryed to cheange the oil my self firt time on my 2004 PTC and failed to remove the blot on to tight? done by inpact gun ? i perty much striped the bolt it self it was bran new..

Will have to buy a new one for the record to take it off its counter clock wise right??
Old 16 Jul 2009, 07:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: oil pan bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon666 View Post
well i tryed to cheange the oil my self firt time on my 2004 PTC and failed to remove the blot on to tight? done by inpact gun ? i perty much striped the bolt it self it was bran new..

Will have to buy a new one for the record to take it off its counter clock wise right??

"Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey" You are talking about the oil pan drain plug, right? Was the plug to tight to start with, normally a impact gun is NOT used on that plug as it is to easy to strip out. If that happens, you'll need to get an oversized oil pan plug.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 16 Jul 2009, 07:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Get socket on it perfectly, and give a sharp rap on the socket handle. I've had it hard to free sometimes, too. You have to "crack" it.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 16 Jul 2009, 07:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Does everybody talk that differently in Alaska? I could understand Sarah Palin when she was on the tube.

If the bolt was that tight, you didn't strip it. The moron that put it on did. Probably had arms like an ape. Hooligan is right; you'll probably need an oversized plug or worse, you'll have to drill a new bigger hole.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 05:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

The first time I changed the oil in my wife's Cruiser I ran into a stuck bolt. I eventually got it off with enough swearing but the head of the bolt twisted and bent a little bit and is, to this day, still stuck on the socket head. I replaced it with an aftermarket bolt that had a larger head and haven't had a problem since.

BB.
"Sometimes you're the windshield... sometimes you're the bug."
Old 17 Jul 2009, 06:03 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Does everybody talk that differently in Alaska? I could understand Sarah Palin when she was on the tube.

I LOL'ed.

Things are perty down here in Georgia too man... I remember when I moved down here from NY and visited my first Waffle House...

I was like "What's this over here?"

The guy says "You've never heard of grits?"

I was like "Sure, I've heard of grits, I've just never actually seen a grit before."
Old 17 Jul 2009, 06:36 am
Regular Cruiser

I'm pretty sure he talks like that cause he's a Satanist Hillbilly. Or should I call it a Snowbilly.
The only reason I say that is cause he lives in Alaska, hence the snow part
The billy part comes from the fact that in his picture he is holding what looks like a fully-automatic AK-47. Illegal in the United States.
He looks like he's sitting in a lawn chair and he is using a milk crate as a table.
The satanist part comes from just the fact that his name is demon. (Devil) and the 666 obviously a satanist. lol

I'm just kidding.

Driver:Alex
Car:Petey
2006 Inferno Red PT Cruiser Touring Signature Series, 38K, 15mpg, Automatic.

Exterior:American Racing Estrella 16s, Toyo Proxes TPT, ROL Xtreme Exaust Tip.
Interior:Bumblebee BobbleHead, 2 6x9s, pioneer ts-g1640r's in doors, Parking Permit for my schoool.
Performance:Custom Air Intake, NGK Platinum plugs, Ceramic Brake Pads, Duralast 7.5mm coil wires, Duralast Performance rotors.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 12:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

First mistake is using a socket. You should use a rachet wrench. They never slip and work well.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 22 Jul 2009, 12:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

funny I do live in Alaska I work on a 301 foot barge in Dutch harbor ak my job is ships security among other duties that is a full auto AK and its legal i payed my 200 tax stamp only in AK love my job.