Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
'06 PT GT drivers seat side sheild??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jul 2009, 10:59 am
Regular Cruiser

Wink '06 PT GT drivers seat side sheild??

The side sheild on our '06 GT has broken-one of the tabs on the back where it snaps into the bracket on the seat itself.
We bought the Cruiser brand new and are not rough on it at all and this just happened, any ideas as to why now? anyone know where a correct replacement panel can be had? Wykoff Chrysler in NJ seems to list it for just under $23.00, anyone else have experiance with this? Thanks!
Old 19 Jul 2009, 01:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: '06 PT GT drivers seat side sheild??

Caught my heel under/on it and broke it. Went to dealer and got a new one.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 19 Jul 2009, 02:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

Wink Re: '06 PT GT drivers seat side sheild??

I think you might be thinking of the plastic plate on the edge of the floor as you enter the car.....the one I am talking about is on the edge of the drivers seat and houses the power seat switch-I do not know how ours broke-(found 1 tab broken) after 2 years of use by 2 51 year old folks but none the less its broken.....like I said Wykoff Chrysler shows them for just under $23.00 so I guess I'll order one on Monday-I have delt with Wykoff before and gotten good service and pricing!
Old 19 Jul 2009, 03:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: '06 PT GT drivers seat side sheild??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzinGT View Post
I think you might be thinking of the plastic plate on the edge of the floor as you enter the car.....the one I am talking about is on the edge of the drivers seat and houses the power seat switch-I do not know how ours broke-(found 1 tab broken) after 2 years of use by 2 51 year old folks but none the less its broken.....like I said Wykoff Chrysler shows them for just under $23.00 so I guess I'll order one on Monday-I have delt with Wykoff before and gotten good service and pricing!
Like I said: Caught my heel under/on it and broke it. Went to dealer and got a new one.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar