PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dual Exhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2002, 05:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptbruizer02
Default Dual Exhaust

I have the xenon bruizer kit and was looking into exhaust im wondering if i should go with the borla dual 2.5in. pipes or if i should go witht he bassani dual for xenon kit. Also how do they sound. Do the sound like a civic exhuast if so i dont want it.

Old 28 Mar 2002, 08:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Try pulling up www.pt-tuning.com They have downloads of a couple of exhausts systems and you can hear them at idle and as the car is passing by. It's hard for someone to tell you exactly how an exhaust sounds. If you see a PT on the street with duals, ask them what they have and if they mind you listening as they rev up. Most owners are pretty proud of what they have done and won't mind you asking.

Old 28 Mar 2002, 09:58 pm
Administrator

I've heard Borla, Bassani, and PT-Tuning's all in person.

Borlas are quieter than Bassani and PT-Tuning. Bassani's sound more higher pitched like imports than PT-Tuning's or Borlas. I have PT-Tuning, recommend it if you want a deep sound. Recommend Borla for a quieter grumble.
Old 29 Mar 2002, 09:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have the Bassani duals and love the sound - not at all like rice-burners, IMHO. I put my duals on myself - not a big deal at all! I have the Zenon bumper covers fr & rr and ordered my Bassani with the longer exhaust tips. A local friend put the Borlas on his and the sound, to me, is more tinny; plus, he complains about a rumble about 3000 RPM. Like I said, I'm all for tha Bassani's

Cruiserjim: 5 spd blk Ltd;ABS/4-whl discs;17" Mille Miglia/Bridgestone Potenzas;HD sway bars/strut tower brace;H&R springs;Xenon bumper covers fr/rr;Bassani duals;Hot Rod Cruising grille;home-made intake mod;lots of other goodies!
Old 30 Mar 2002, 03:11 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have the Borla's and love them. I put them on before putting on the rear cover, now I need to extend the exhaust to fit right. Check that out if you don't want that hassel. Good Luck...

Come Join Us To Cruise The Colorado Rockies Aug 9-11
http://co.ptcruiserclub.org/colorado

Smittys PT
Web Designer for
Colorado PT Cruiser Club
Old 30 Mar 2002, 04:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to renichms

I have the Borla dual exhaust. It sounds nothing like a poser's fart pipe. I got it installed before the Bruizer kit. I had to get the exhaust tips extended to fit the bumper cover. It sounds nice and when extended, fits well too. I like my Borla exhaust and can recommend it. I've not seen, in person, a Bassani, so don't know anything about it. I have pics of the exhaust tips coming out from the bumper cover on my website.
http://www.schoolsubjects.com/spade/mephisto/

RN

See Mephisto