Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bosch 02 sensor not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Aug 2009, 09:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Bosch 02 sensor not working

My wife's cruiser was giving the bank 1 sensor 1 code, so we had our neighbor, who is a Honda mechanic, put in a Bosch sensor from NAPA. So, it was professionally replaced. Well, after a month, we're getting the code again!!!!!

Her inspection is due in two weeks. I saw one post on here saying a non-Chrysler 02 sensor may give issues like this. ANyone else have a similar problem?

Jason
Old 16 Aug 2009, 08:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Bosch 02 sensor not working

Jason,

There's some confusion on a couple of write-ups that I saw about which 02 sensor needs replacing with the codes that pop up. I take it you replaced the sensor that's right in back of the engine rather than the sensor by the CAT.

There's really only 2 things to do. Replace the one you already did with a Chrysler dealer sensor, or try a new sensor downstream by the CAT.

If your anywhere near higher mileage, it won't hurt to replace both sensors anyway because if one failed, the other can't be far behind.

I saw where aftermarket sensors for the Camshaft and Crankshaft didn't work and had to be replaced by Chrysler sensors but don't remember seeing anything bad about the 02 sensors. I bought mine from NAPA 6 months ago and replaced both 02 sensors even though I had no code, just for preventative maintenance at 95,000 miles. They're working fine.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 05:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I know bosch sensors produce similar bad results on Dodge pickups as well.

2003 Hemi Ram - TMR, Flows, Killed the Cat with mechanical O2 sim, K & N, no hat, Taylor Shorty Wires, Tow Pkg

Old 17 Aug 2009, 05:40 am
Cool Cruiser

To each his own I say.

I replaced my downstream O2 sensor with a Bosch back in April... 5000 miles so far and the code hasn't come back.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 01:19 pm
Banned

Now--again-- you have replied to a post that is over a year old. Are you just screwing with us or did you miss your last round of meds?
Old 30 Sep 2010, 02:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Prince, our PT's do not like aftermarket sensors, use OEM!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar