Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bushings and Tierods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2009, 03:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Bushings and Tierods

Okay, I have just been notified by my mechanic that my 01 PT with 103k miles needs bushing all around, front tie-rod ends and an alignment. "Sigh" he quoted me a price of $650 for everything. Being a girl and not car repair savvy is this quote on the money?? Or should I be looking else where. He has done other repairs for me and always been true to cost, but this seems a little high. Also he said it is unsafe to drive... how true is this?

When I brought it in this morning, I was pretty sure the ball jointed needed to be replaced, but he said it is fine. Go figure. I have read other posts for other problems and have always found the info to be spot on. So any help or advice will be greatly appricated!! Thanx.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 06:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Bushings and Tierods

I would think that it would all depend on the kind and type of bushings he used. Some here have used BOOGER BUSHINGS for some of the applications rather than the dealer stock bushings. Tie rod ends and alignment are a normal price, you can call around for prices.

If this person has always treated you well and you have the trust in him, I'd say have him do it. If you go somewhere to have it done and then go back to him, he just might not be as friendly.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar