Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Motor Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2009, 07:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Motor Mount

Car was acting up a week ago. I thought it was the cv joints because it started clicking when I would turn right mainly. Went on a 240 mile drive and it started making horrible clunking, rattling noises. Changed front lower passenger side motor mount (33.99 Autozone Part Number:
2949), no more strange noises.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the people on here for such wonderful information, yet again
Old 18 Aug 2009, 07:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Motor Mount

Boy, you are on a roll - first the plugs and wires, now this!
LOTS easier/cheaper than CV joints.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 Aug 2009, 07:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I just hope the Autozone mm's you people are using aren't as flimsy and crap as the OEM mm's are otherwise you will be changing them again. The SRT-4 motor mounts are a lot stronger and fit the PT.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 18 Aug 2009, 08:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
I just hope the Autozone mm's you people are using aren't as flimsy and crap as the OEM mm's are otherwise you will be changing them again. The SRT-4 motor mounts are a lot stronger and fit the PT.
I hope not also, that would bite.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 08:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Boy, you are on a roll - first the plugs and wires, now this!
LOTS easier/cheaper than CV joints.
Actually it was the motor mount first, then the sparks, but I posted the spark plug "Thank you" first I sure hope nothing else needs fixing.
I'm only out about 100, so I feel lucky compared to some others. I consider the sparks & wires routine maintenance.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 09:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have to do the same. Do you have the instructions
Old 21 Aug 2009, 02:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

My husband jacked up the car on both sides behind the front wheels on the frame, he then put a jack and block of wood under the motor then he removed two bolts, pulled the broken motor mount off and replaced it with the new one. It took him about 20 minutes. Sorry if I wasn't much help, theres not really much instruction to give.

Last edited by CityGirl70; 21 Aug 2009 at 02:33 am.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 03:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The one's you normally get from the auto parts stores are generally very close to OEM. There are others available, but if you're driving a PT with an automatic tranny, stick with the one's simiilar to OEM, anything else will rattle your teeth. I'm getting ready to replace mine with the solid "dog bones", but with a manual tranny it's not as noticeable, the shaking that is.
Old 18 May 2011, 03:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Re: Motor Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl70 View Post
My husband jacked up the car on both sides behind the front wheels on the frame, he then put a jack and block of wood under the motor then he removed two bolts, pulled the broken motor mount off and replaced it with the new one. It took him about 20 minutes. Sorry if I wasn't much help, theres not really much instruction to give.
Im trying to figure out which mount your referring to, is it the middle mount that attaches to the motor? The round one? passenger side, not upper not dogbone but the other one, its a nightmare to find if you dont know what your looking right? the main star bolt can be accessed throught the pass side wheel well right? lol Im making sure I know what the hell Im talking about as well. Girly here too. Your lucky, at least your man knows what to do ... mine.. aaaah not so much. Im on my own.
Old 18 May 2011, 04:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Take off your right front tire, remove the plastic splash shield from the fender well, and you'll be looking right at the lower motor mount. Somewhere here on one of these posts somebody (maybe Crewzin?) posted a photo of it.

By the way, if you notice the dates on these posts, they are a couple years old so not sure you'll get a reply from her.