Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 Radiator Fan Motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2009, 05:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 Radiator Fan Motor

I have seen lots of posts in regards to the radiator cooling fan motor. Last summer one set of windings went out on my cooling fan motor and left me with one speed. The symptoms I had included no A/C at idle and occasionally the A/C system would build up pressure and vent to atmosphere. The a/c would work normally at highway speeds. I decided i didn't want to spend a fortune on this repair so I came across a replacement motor (new) for $56. The motor can be removed from the fan shroud and blade very easily. Here is site to purchase this motor for a 2005. They have motors for other model years. My motor has been a year now with no problems.

PT-CRUISER condenser / radiator electric cooling fan motor for a 2005 CHRYSLER new $56.05
Old 22 Aug 2009, 06:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 Radiator Fan Motor

Yep, we usually tell owners about buying the motor separately and they can be bought at Auto Zone and other retail auto stores like the one you pointed out.

It's a shame you still have to take the fan itself out to replace just the motor. I'd be nice to be able to slip a new one right in while it's still on the car.

Thanks for posting another place to pick one up. Welcome to the forum.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 09:59 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
It's a shame you still have to take the fan itself out to replace just the motor. I'd be nice to be able to slip a new one right in while it's still on the car.
Oh come on now! Now you're just asking for too much!
Old 23 Aug 2009, 02:38 am
Regular Cruiser

That is the exact same motor I bought. In total time to disassemble, remove, replace and reinstall the fan, it only took me a total of 1 hour.

It was a REALLY simple job.....good luck!

BTW...Autozone advised me they no longer sell just the motor....or was it Kragen..?

2005 Touring Black - Automagic....California Smog Legal

H&R Cup Kit | TSW Sakata 18x8 35ET | Nankang NS-II 235/40/18 | SPC front alignment cam - rear shim | Master Pro Rotors | Master Pro Ceramic F/R pads | Rebuilt Cylinder Head - Safety Valves and Guides | Felpro Head Gasket and upper rebuild kit | Fail-safe 195 degree thermostat | Mopar Waterpump...lol | 3rd radiator fan motor | Gates timing belt kit | WIX filters (oil, transmission) | Mobile 1 5w30 | Mopar ATF4 | Redline Water Wetter | K&N Drop-In | 4th Drive side Axle | Energy Suspension Torque Mounts | 3rd set of Torque Mounts...
Old 23 Aug 2009, 04:17 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have often thought about replacing the factory fan system with two aftermarket cooling fans ...One large fan to replace the high speed function and another smaller one to replace the low speed fan. One could be mounted on the air conditioner condenser and the other one on the radiator...I've almost decided that a single fan would work just fine connected in place of the high speed fan....Just some ideas

YES ! That is a Ron Paul for President Sticker..

Growing OLD is Natural - Growing UP is Optional It's NEVER too late to have a Happy Childhood

Ed Sidders , Lake-O The-Pines , Northeast Texas
Old 23 Aug 2009, 05:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If everything is working well, the single turbine fan that the PT has does a great job of keeping everything cool. You can sit in one spot with the engine running and the air on full blast and the temperature will never go past half way.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.