PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Need help with my civics blower motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Aug 2009, 04:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

Angry Need help with my civics blower motor

I'm going to put a long story short.

My car was broken into some time ago. The radio was stolen. I had the dash and a lot of other things replaced.

Now, my heater/ac doesn't come on.

I turn the ignition on, and turn the fan switch to full blast and turn the ac light on, the ac cooling fan under the hood comes on for 4-5 seconds then shuts off. I hooked my blower motor up to the battery and the blower motor is running strong.

All the fuses check out ok.

What else can it be?

Also, I checked the resistor on the fan

2005 civic ex special edition, 5spd, fully loaded, 40k miles

I have a wide-band o2 sensor for sale!! PM ME!!
Old 24 Aug 2009, 01:20 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Need help with my civics blower motor

The only Honda's I do are generators

YES ! That is a Ron Paul for President Sticker..

Growing OLD is Natural - Growing UP is Optional It's NEVER too late to have a Happy Childhood

Ed Sidders , Lake-O The-Pines , Northeast Texas
Old 24 Aug 2009, 10:59 am
Cool Cruiser

aw man.. the only thing from honda i WOULDN'T buy!! I've had a lot of experience w/ honda generators in the Army (normally we use cat etc.. but the civilians bring a lot of hondas in). Every ****ing single one of them failed and left us stranded w/out heat in the subzero weather, or w/out ac when it was 110*+ (and that was OUTSIDE the tent).

Oh, and I'd never buy a honda lawnmower :irk:

Old 24 Aug 2009, 01:36 pm
Regular Cruiser

I didn't say I was in love with themjust fixed them ,most of the time

YES ! That is a Ron Paul for President Sticker..

Growing OLD is Natural - Growing UP is Optional It's NEVER too late to have a Happy Childhood

Ed Sidders , Lake-O The-Pines , Northeast Texas
Old 24 Aug 2009, 04:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

LOL! Thats awesome. Every single time we were stranded w/out resources due to those honda pieces of crap breaking, they would replace them with a briggs unit and we'd be good to go. The tech couldn't even fix them on the spot lol.

Old 24 Aug 2009, 05:23 pm
Regular Cruiser

You have an electrical short in the system under the dash. The same thing happend to mine when someone stole the deck from my EF. The A-Holds rip out most of the dash....amatures. I had a buddy fix it (a Honda technician).

If you claimed that repair under your insurance, they should be able to cover the repair also.

Goto Honda | Acura Research, Reviews, Performance Parts, Owners - Honda-Tech.com and do some research to see if anyone had this issue and a fix.

Good luck!!!

And about the Honda Generators...I had an EU2000. They work perfect and ran very quiet. I used it for about 3+ years for my race bike tire warmers and for camping. It never let me down...and never got me into a fight "over a noisy generator".

2005 Touring Black - Automagic....California Smog Legal

H&R Cup Kit | TSW Sakata 18x8 35ET | Nankang NS-II 235/40/18 | SPC front alignment cam - rear shim | Master Pro Rotors | Master Pro Ceramic F/R pads | Rebuilt Cylinder Head - Safety Valves and Guides | Felpro Head Gasket and upper rebuild kit | Fail-safe 195 degree thermostat | Mopar Waterpump...lol | 3rd radiator fan motor | Gates timing belt kit | WIX filters (oil, transmission) | Mobile 1 5w30 | Mopar ATF4 | Redline Water Wetter | K&N Drop-In | 4th Drive side Axle | Energy Suspension Torque Mounts | 3rd set of Torque Mounts...
Old 24 Aug 2009, 08:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Interesting. I had somebody recommend that as a problem, but didn't think twice about it. But thats pretty much what happened to me too.

So you think if I open the dash up and look around it will be blatantly obvious? Just trace the heater control knob all the way down or what?

Maybe for "light weight" duty those honda generators are nice, but trust me WHEN YOU NEED THAT DAMN THING, it will fail. Running radars off them and powering multiple tents and ecu's (heater units) and cell phones etc, they fall on their face.

Yes, it was quiet. But so was our I4 isuzu diesel generator lol. It was a car motor in a super nice shell basically, and it's SUPER quiet.

Old 24 Aug 2009, 08:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I was in the Marines in Vietnam - we didn't need any stinkin' electricity...
Old 25 Aug 2009, 02:56 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
Interesting. I had somebody recommend that as a problem, but didn't think twice about it. But thats pretty much what happened to me too.

So you think if I open the dash up and look around it will be blatantly obvious? Just trace the heater control knob all the way down or what?
At that time, I didnt have the time nor the tools to look for the issue.

If you know how to disassemble your dash, go for it....only if you feel confident enough. It wouldnt hurt, not unless you break something. It could be something very simple.....

2005 Touring Black - Automagic....California Smog Legal

H&R Cup Kit | TSW Sakata 18x8 35ET | Nankang NS-II 235/40/18 | SPC front alignment cam - rear shim | Master Pro Rotors | Master Pro Ceramic F/R pads | Rebuilt Cylinder Head - Safety Valves and Guides | Felpro Head Gasket and upper rebuild kit | Fail-safe 195 degree thermostat | Mopar Waterpump...lol | 3rd radiator fan motor | Gates timing belt kit | WIX filters (oil, transmission) | Mobile 1 5w30 | Mopar ATF4 | Redline Water Wetter | K&N Drop-In | 4th Drive side Axle | Energy Suspension Torque Mounts | 3rd set of Torque Mounts...
Old 25 Aug 2009, 07:39 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
I was in the Marines in Vietnam - we didn't need any stinkin' electricity...
I respect that, but times and technology have changed There are a lot of electricity dependent systems and machines we need and rely on

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelgarage View Post
At that time, I didnt have the time nor the tools to look for the issue.

If you know how to disassemble your dash, go for it....only if you feel confident enough. It wouldnt hurt, not unless you break something. It could be something very simple.....
Well, I know in order to get into the dash the lower dash and console have to be unbolted. Thats about all I know. I guess I'll have to mess with it this weekend then. At least I have a good lead now. Thanks man