Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rear window's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Sep 2009, 02:11 pm
Young Cruiser

Question Rear window's

Dose anyone know how to get the two rear windows to go all the way down?
I'm sure you know what I'm talking when you roll the back windows down they stop about a 3/4 of the way and stop then you have about a 1/4 left now what can i do to have them go all the way down???
Old 07 Sep 2009, 03:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rear window's

Look at the way the rear doors are shaped around the wheel. The windows can't go all the way down.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Sep 2009, 05:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

A lot of cars rear windows don't go all the way down because the tires get in the way. If you look at our PTs you would notice that if the windows went further down they would be sticking out the bottom of the door. Might be a good idea though, kind of like the rear wheel covers?
Old 07 Sep 2009, 05:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PT View Post
Dose anyone know how to get the two rear windows to go all the way down?
I'm sure you know what I'm talking when you roll the back windows down they stop about a 3/4 of the way and stop then you have about a 1/4 left now what can i do to have them go all the way down???
Get a bigger hammer....???
Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Most of the time they dont go all the way down because they are "child windows", such as they wont go down further than 3/4 the way so children can stick their body parts out them (same as bus windows only going down a few inches; too many beheadings).

There are normally ways to bypass the child proof setting, such as taking a certain part out etc. You'll have to search on the internet for these window.s

2005 civic ex special edition, 5spd, fully loaded, 40k miles

I have a wide-band o2 sensor for sale!! PM ME!!
Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
Most of the time they dont go all the way down because they are "child windows", such as they wont go down further than 3/4 the way so children can stick their body parts out them (same as bus windows only going down a few inches; too many beheadings).

There are normally ways to bypass the child proof setting, such as taking a certain part out etc. You'll have to search on the internet for these window.s
So in the convertible they don't care about children, since the windows go all the way down????? Hmmmmm... gonna have to try stuffing my 8 year old out a window...
Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

Half windows normally go down all the way (convertibles). Mustang half windows go all the way down too smartass.

Last edited by 85_305; 08 Sep 2009 at 11:15 am.
Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Just found a note on a pro-mechanics forum, states that the rear window will roll down to a stop point that physically allows the window to open as fara as the manufacturer sugtgests, leaving an exposed 4" of glass. This is to fit the full glass in the door panel and allow it to open without impacting the inside of the door panel.
Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
Half windows are often different in any car. Mustang half windows go all the way down too smartass.
I'm pretty sure we weren't discussing Mustangs here, but I could be mistaken... as far as being a smartass, I guess that would be preferential to a dumbass, but either way I get your point, I'll try to be less witty going forward should that meet with your approval...
by the by, it's all in good humor, next time I'm telling a joke I'll make sure I've raised my right hand so's you'll notice....

Last edited by Chromenut; 07 Sep 2009 at 08:53 pm.
Old 07 Sep 2009, 09:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

You find me ANY new car besides mega cab pickups, whose rear windows go all the way down, and I'll give you a cookie.

Its a safety hazard.