Advertisements
Airbag light/clicking in stearing/new love

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to h1p1n3
Default Airbag light/clicking in stearing/new love

(new love)
Hey everyone! Im sorry I didnt make an account and post earliler, but I have been lurking around your site for a while now from prepurchase to today. I had a Sharp Blue 2002 Eclipse GT that was/is my baby, however with kids and winter coming up (I live in WNY, snow is pretty gnarly here) I would have had to dump a bunch of money into getting my car prepped for winter, and not to mention the rust damage. After spending a few weeks researching, looking, reviewing and test driving, I gave up for a few days until one day, actually just a few days ago (Wednesday) my wife pointed out the PT. At first like all other males my age (25) I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Then I thought about it looked it over and fell in love. The plan was to park my sports car and drive the pt in the winter. I bought her used, 2001 LE w/ 74k miles on it for 4k.

(airbag light/clicking)
On to the reason for my post. We have had the car for about 4 days and have drove around a little bit, well my wife has, I can't peel her out of it. Other than two little things I have to take back to the dealer for (belt tightening and alignment, should have been done beforehand) yesterday it started that infamous clicking while turning, then today the airbag light came on when my wife went to the store. I searched the site and didn't find paydirt between the two, but I am wondering if the two are related? I found that TSB regarding the clicking, and on your site someone mentioned that the clockspring may have something to do with it??

While I am taking her back down to get the few things fixed, I am hoping the dealer does not give me any problems and fixes it under the 30 day warranty, however wanted to ask other owners if there is a corrilation between the two.
What I noticed:
the light does not come on all the time
all other acc. work
Clicking is also semi-intermittent.

Other than that, I love this thing regardless of what the guys think .
Old 07 Sep 2009, 09:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Airbag light/clicking in stearing/new love

Crap, this is totally in the wrong section. mods, Im sorry...
Old 08 Sep 2009, 05:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I'd suggest calling the dealer first.
The clockspring could also impact the airbag.....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 08 Sep 2009, 06:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum.

Quicksilver is right, if you only had it 4 days, take it back with the alignment and belt tightening problem.

The steering wheel components are all tightly packed together and the clockspring has been a known problem for giving the clicking sound.

Old 08 Sep 2009, 11:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

sweet deal! I thought that they went hand in hand but figured you guys would know. Thanks!