PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Wheels with xenon kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Apr 2002, 06:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptbruizer02
Default Wheels with xenon kit

I have the xenon bruizer kit and i was wanting to go with some 18" wheels and an eibach lowering kit 1.5 in front and 2.0 in back. I was just wondering how low it would be and if i would scrape on everything.

Old 01 Apr 2002, 09:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to renichms

You will scrape on bad transitions and inclines. I know without having lowered the car and with just the stock wheels. With stock springs and wheels, and the Bruizer kit, I scraped the front really badly twice, requiring it to get some filing and repainting. Now I have air suspension and I haven't scraped anything bad enough to notice (I've been veeerrrry careful). If you're worried about scraping, don't lower it with the Bruizer kit.

RN

See Mephisto
Old 02 Apr 2002, 01:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptbruizer02

what about just getting the back springs cause i really want to get rid of the 4-5 in gap between the wheel and wheel well. and how much did your air ride cost and is it good for a daily driver.

Old 02 Apr 2002, 02:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

I've only scraped the back end once, and then I hit the exhaust tips, not the bumper cover. That was when backing out of a steep driveway. If you went for dropping the back some but not the front, I think you'd probably not scrape, although the ride would be a little odd, with the front tilted up (I've experienced riding with front tilted up thanks to the air suspension). I got the air suspension a while ago, so paid more for it than I would now. ptcruiserparts.com has a full air suspension that looks about the same as mine that costs at least a thousand dollars less now (it didn't cost this little a while ago). For daily driving, I like the air suspension. I've had no problem clearing even the worst of transitions, although I have to take them slowly, because with air suspension, bumps will cause the car to bounce.

So if you got a cheaper air suspension (less than $2000 total spent), it could do quite well for daily driving. Put one blast of air in the front, even out the back and you're usually good to go. Hope this helps...if you need more info, just ask.

RN

See Mephisto
Old 02 Apr 2002, 02:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Wait, nevermind the air suspension at ptcruiserparts.com being a thousand less...I was mistaken. Theirs is $1800, for the cheapest. I think I have the equivalent of their Air Ride System 2, with some of the system 3 features (gauge and control placement was custom, not a single control panel), for $2100...so I got a somewhat better deal than what they have their. Mine is VIAIR. I'm sure you can get a better deal if you piece together the parts on your own or have someone help you.

RN

See Mephisto
Old 02 Apr 2002, 04:36 pm
Regular Cruiser

If you have pot holes, speed dips, drive-over curbs, or speed dips, you better drive with a lot of care. I had the same except for 17" wheels. Hit lots of times, and finally caught some ice...flexed the Bruiser front.... and all the paint came off lower end. I ended up taking the front end off.

Smittys PT
Web Designer for
Colorado PT Cruiser Club
Old 03 Apr 2002, 12:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

U ARE BETTER WITH THE AIR RIDE. I HAD THAT KIT B4 I GOT THE CAL.CUSTOMS KIT. YOU WILL HIT. HERE ARE SOM PIC'S OF MY CAR W/XENON KIT. http://www.dzmotorsports.com/localri...tcruiser01.htm
B4 I HAD THE AIR RIDE I HAD THE LOWERING SPRINGS FROM CAL. CRUISERS.

Edited by - santa ana cruiser on 04/03/2002 10:28:22
Old 03 Apr 2002, 12:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

THE LOWERING SPRINGS I HAD WHERE THE CALI GOLDLINE SLAMMERS SPRING. THEY ARE SOME GOOD SPRINGS, FRONT 2.75" & BACK 3.25". THEY COME W/A LIFETIME GUARANTEE & NO SAG GUARANTEE. CAL CRUISER.COM HAS THEM 4 $329.00. I HAVE MY OLD GOLDLINE SPRINGS. I ONLY USED THEM 4 ONE WEEK. I COULD SELL THEM TO YOU IF YOU WANT. HERE IS THE WEB ADD FOR THE SPRINGS. http://www.californiacruisers.com/handling.htm

Edited by - santa ana cruiser on 04/03/2002 10:39:05