PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Seafoaming PT through brake booster vacuum line?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Sep 2009, 10:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to DIYPTGUY
Default Seafoaming PT through brake booster vacuum line?

I just put a can of seafoam in the gas tank today, and was wondering about "seafoaming" the car in other ways. I was reading about letting the brake booster line suck the seafoam up, and became interested.

Has anybody here done that?
Were there any noticeable results?
Exactly how do you do it? and which line is the brake booster (I think its the one going from the back of the engine to the intake)?

To my knowledge, the steps are:
1) Start car
2) Disconnect brake booster from engine
3) Let vacuum line slowly suck up seafoam so that the engine does not stall out.
4) After seafoam is gone drive/rev engine until white smoke disappears

Are there any flaws in these steps?

Also, I have a problem with the speedometer going wild while the car is idling sometimes.. People on the forum said to clean the IAC, which I have done, and the problem remains. Could seafoaming through the intake help??

Thanks in advance!

George

My Love:
02' Gold PT Cruiser Touring: Pioneer DEH-P4000UB Reciever, Self built subwoofer enclosure w/pioneer TS-SW841D subs, Summit Turbo Muffler, Spectre Modular Air Intake, underseat neon lights, subwoofer neon strip lights, Intake Manifold Paint, exterior chrome trim, steering wheel cover.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 09:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Seafoaming PT through brake booster vacuum line?

So nobody has ever tried this??

My Love:
02' Gold PT Cruiser Touring: Pioneer DEH-P4000UB Reciever, Self built subwoofer enclosure w/pioneer TS-SW841D subs, Summit Turbo Muffler, Spectre Modular Air Intake, underseat neon lights, subwoofer neon strip lights, Intake Manifold Paint, exterior chrome trim, steering wheel cover.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 05:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hello everyone,

Even though there was ZERO feedback on this thread, I went ahead and seafoamed my car, and I really feel that it was a good investment of $8.

I let engine run in idle and poured seafoam very slowly through the end of the air intake hose. Then, I shut the engine off, poured in a little more seafoam and let it sit for almost 10 minutes (just to let it soak in extra good). Then, I turned the engine back on and WOW, the white fumes were extreme. I revved it up a for a bit while idling then drove it pretty hard around the lot to get out all the carbon. I repeated the procedure. The second time around there werent as many fumes so I guess I cleaned it out pretty well

After doing this I honestly feel like it has a bit more pickup and is more responsive. Also, there IS a difference in idle quality, its very smooth. The last thing I noticed was the engine doesnt knock quite as much or loudly as is did.

I strongly suggest others try doing this, I liked it a lot!

My Love:
Old 22 Sep 2009, 09:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

I don't know anything about doing this in a PT. Probably works instead of foaming top cylinder cleaner thru a carburetor.

Saturn S series owners use Seafom to unstick the oil control rings. They pull the spark plugs, pour Seafoam into the cylinder and let it set overnight. A few cranks before putting the plugs back in ejects the dirty seafoam. Seems to work and might clean cylinder carbon also.