Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Power Steering troubles??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Apr 2002, 10:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Power Steering troubles??

We've had 4 PT's as of now loose their power steering, 3 lost the belt off the pump...just wondering if anyone out there has had any trouble like this or heard of anything.....be cool, James

Old 20 May 2003, 08:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hey James my 03 GT just lost it's power steering today! Just what I needed as I pulled into the Dentist's parking lot. Go it up to the dealer 30 miles no power steering, like driving a truck! The hose came off the PS cooler. They replaced the clip and fluid and away I went! I didn't even know that I had a power seering cooler!..
Old 20 May 2003, 09:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Lost mine a few months ago. I was out of the Chrysler warranty at the time but had an aftermarket warranty. Covered the price of a new pump, air-conditioning gases and labor all except the deductable. The pump went without warning and was told there was a nationwide shortage of pumps but my dealer managed to find one at another dealer 90 miles away.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 May 2003, 09:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I had a steering rack and a pump replaced at about 20,000. The rack was leaking internally and the pump bearing was noisy ... I'd say poor quality control.