Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
error code...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Oct 2009, 04:58 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default error code...

hi just did the on-acc thing and got code: P0138: H02S circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 2......in short....WHAT TO DO??? thanks a lot......

To hell with all religions!

Yes my baby is stock, for now!
Old 05 Oct 2009, 05:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: error code...

It's your oxygen sensor. The only problem is there seems to be a disagreement as to which one it is. There's one right in back of the engine (upstream) on top of the exhaust manifold and then there's one (downstream) on the right side of the CAT.

I had both mine changed out because I figured at 90,000+ miles, if one 02 sensor went the other wasn't too far behind.

I believe the code you have is for the downstream sensor. It can make the car run a little rough and mess up your gas mileage but it can't really hurt anything if you want to wait to change it out.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 05 Oct 2009, 06:19 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
It's your oxygen sensor. The only problem is there seems to be a disagreement as to which one it is. There's one right in back of the engine (upstream) on top of the exhaust manifold and then there's one (downstream) on the right side of the CAT.

I had both mine changed out because I figured at 90,000+ miles, if one 02 sensor went the other wasn't too far behind.

I believe the code you have is for the downstream sensor. It can make the car run a little rough and mess up your gas mileage but it can't really hurt anything if you want to wait to change it out.
thanks soooo freaking much!!!!!

Old 06 Oct 2009, 08:58 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpug666 View Post
hi just did the on-acc thing and got code: P0138: H02S circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 2......in short....WHAT TO DO??? thanks a lot......
IMHO CREWZIN would be correct.

That's the same code I got and replacing the downstream sensor has kept me code free for the last 6 months.
Old 06 Oct 2009, 09:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpug666 View Post
thanks soooo freaking much!!!!!
Must be my generation but I wasn't sure if that was a sincere Thank You or a sarcastic come back.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Oct 2009, 07:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Must be my generation but I wasn't sure if that was a sincere Thank You or a sarcastic come back.
trust me it was a sincere one....i started to make calls for prices and the most expansive one was 140$cdn, and the least exapansive was 29$ on car parts.com or something like that......but on the way to home from work, i had to stop to buy something got back in the pt gt and the light didnt light up! opinions on websites like carparts.com?

Old 06 Oct 2009, 07:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

It's possible for the 02 sensor to get a sniff of bad gas or something that would cause it to throw a code and after a certain amount of time after seeing everything is OK, go back to normal and pull the signal that goes to the computer. I wouldn't worry about it unless it comes back.

Same thing happens when the code comes up which means the gas cap wasn't tightened properly. When is is tightened, the light will go off after awhile.

Old 06 Oct 2009, 07:58 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
It's possible for the 02 sensor to get a sniff of bad gas or something that would cause it to throw a code and after a certain amount of time after seeing everything is OK, go back to normal and pull the signal that goes to the computer. I wouldn't worry about it unless it comes back.

Same thing happens when the code comes up which means the gas cap wasn't tightened properly. When is is tightened, the light will go off after awhile.
with that age comment you made, and your wisdom, crewzin you're like our Yoda ihihihihihiih

Old 06 Oct 2009, 08:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Well, I'm nowhere near 700 years old, 3 feet tall, long pointy ears or green in color but I'll take it as a compliment. Thanks.

Old 11 Oct 2009, 08:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Code came back.......wanted to know the lenght of the o2 sensors? because i saw 2 different lenght......is there a difference between both of them?

thanks!