Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
engine cranks but wont start

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Oct 2009, 07:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question engine cranks but wont start

the engine has spark and fuel pressure battery is fully charged spark plugs are new. the engine cranks fine. a mechanic freind of my nice said it was the TCM this controls the trans but dose it have anything to do with the fuel system. also the timming belt is fine and aligned properly. any help. thank you.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 07:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: engine cranks but wont start

Bad Coil ,Did you check the spark at the plugs, closed gap on plugs ,Try a spare key, chip may be bad...Did you do the key off key on trick to check for any codes..Check shaft sensor, i would still check the fuel pump fuse....Hell see if it will start in nuetral mabey the switch is bad...

Last edited by Ratdaddy; 18 Oct 2009 at 07:57 pm.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 07:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_GEISLER View Post
a mechanic freind of my nice said it was the TCM this controls the trans but dose it have anything to do with the fuel system.
Well, that makes no sense at all. Why would he suggest (probably over the phone without actually knowing anything about the PT) that the TCM is stopping you from starting?

When did the car refuse to start? after some mechanical work? At a stop light? While driving along and it just quit? Did the engine light come on at any time?

Giving as little information as you did without telling us anything about the history of your problem and without an introduction doesn't help us help you.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 07:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

pulled plugs and have spark at plugs
Old 18 Oct 2009, 07:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

im working on my nices car and i appreciat all the help. im jim and my nice was given the car with the problem. she said it would run and then lose power she would then pull over turn it off and then restart it and it would run fine then one day it would not restart. now i have the car and trying to figure it out. again thanks. jim.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 08:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Any codes? (Check engine light on?)
Spray some starting fluid into the intake (take filter out). If it kicks, you have fuel delivery problem.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 Oct 2009, 08:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i belive it is fuel delivery. the check engine light is not on. i am going to check for codes tomarrow (monday).