Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Beating the dealer (damn gangsters)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2009, 01:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Beating the dealer (damn gangsters)

A few weeks ago, my 07 PT, turned on the Chek Engine light, and 2 or 3 days after the car started to act weird, stalling, dieseling, failing bad, I went to my friends of Auto Zone to find out what were wrong, the guy just came out and pluged the code reader, it came out, P0340 Camshaft Sensor Fail, so I asked to buy the sensor, but the autopart store showed on screen an annoying NYA code, (Not Yet Available) this means that the factory has not released such part for public sale, or, you can only find it at the damn dealer, but, the crook of parts department od fthe dealership, told me that, the sensor cost 349.95 plus shipping, and had to wait 5 to 10 working days to get it.

Shocked for the response, I started my research, and found out that the 06, 05 and so models are not compatible with my 2007 car, Not happy I went to the wreck yard and see phisically the different engines of different models of PT cruiser and...... EUREKA!!!!! The compatible model of the 2007 (and maybe 2008) is the 2001 model.

I got myself back to the part store, and ordered the Camshaft sensor for the 2001 PT Cruiser, and the guy came out with the DURALAST SU3019 CAMSHAFT SENSOR, $39.25 plus tax.

Please pass the ball, when you have to buy expensive parts, better off make you research first.

Best regadrs to all of you!
ramon_nuno@hotmail.com
Old 19 Oct 2009, 03:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Beating the dealer (damn gangsters)

Great Info ,, THANKS for sharing...

YES ! That is a Ron Paul for President Sticker..

Growing OLD is Natural - Growing UP is Optional It's NEVER too late to have a Happy Childhood

Ed Sidders , Lake-O The-Pines , Northeast Texas
Old 19 Oct 2009, 03:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: Beating the dealer (damn gangsters)

YEEEAAAAA!
Old 19 Oct 2009, 05:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

$350 is a complete rip-off, but some have had non-chrysler Cam sensors fail very quickly.
A place I've used for Chrysler parts is Wyckoff Chrysler - not a rip-off, and quick shipment.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 19 Oct 2009, 06:35 pm
Young Cruiser

Just like the 06 low pressure switch for the ac looked different from my original but when i got the new up-dated one for my 2007 it looked identical to the 06 and i could have just used that one.Parts are funny like that.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 07:25 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

As a DEALER technician I can tell you that price is WAY wrong! Most likely he looked up the camshaft itself not the sensor. Not such a great parts department but before you get all wound up you need to atleast get a second opinion. I have replaced several myself and the repair in total is less than 350. Normally about 150 to 200 bucks.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 12:03 am
Regular Cruiser

I checked the Autozone and Chrysler parts sources on the WWW and find that the part is readily available, competively priced and interchangable from MYO's 2003-2009 from both sources for the NA 2.4 liter FI engine manufactued for North American applicatiions.

It is quite obivous that the pricing supplied to you was in error and not an attempt to "steal from you". But what's the fun in saying that an error was made when you can slam the dealership parts department.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 09:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

Camshaft Position Sensor DIY Replacement:
Chrysler PT Cruiser cam sensor replacement: standard and turbo

BLEUH20, are those dolphins on your avatar?
Old 24 Oct 2009, 09:53 pm
Regular Cruiser

As an EWC, I was the ShipSup at SUBBASE Pearl for Aspro and Pogy from 77 to 80. I comissioned in 80 and these are my Sufrace Warfare Officer insiga.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 10:21 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEH20 View Post
As an EWC, I was the ShipSup at SUBBASE Pearl for Aspro and Pogy from 77 to 80. I comissioned in 80 and these are my Sufrace Warfare Officer insiga.
Ummmmm..... What? Are you speaking English? Seriously I do understand some of it, though.

Tags
camshaft sensor, engine parts