Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Oil Fiilter Cross Reference Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Oct 2009, 04:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Oil Fiilter Cross Reference Question

Does anyone know what Motorcraft oil filter fits a 2003 normally aspirated motor?
Old 29 Oct 2009, 11:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Oil Fiilter Cross Reference Question

Any place that sells filters has a book that lists all the filters...

But here is from Sci-Fi's website:

The 2nd filter number listed (and/or followed by **) will be the longer and larger capacity filter, usually used in the GT or Turbo PT's but can be used in the regular PT's

AC Delco
PF53
PFL400A**

Amsoil
SDF57
SDF34**

Casite
CF-3614
CF-213** or CS113**

Fram
ExtraGuard -
PH3614
PH3600**

ToughGuard -
TG3614
TG3600**

DoubleGuard -
DG3614
DG3600**

X2 -
XG3614
XG3600**

Hasting
LF157
LF135**

K&N
HP-1002
HP-2009**

Lee
LF2835
LF400**

Meijer
M22

Mobil 1
M1-102
M1-209**

Motorcraft
FL793
FL13A** or FL-400A**

Pennsoil
PZ21
PZ19**

Pronto
PO3614
PO3600**

Purolator
L10241
L20195**

Purolator Pure One
PL10241
PL20195**

STP
STPS3600**

TruFilter Oil Systems
TUD560
TUD738**
See Ultra Filter notes and warning below. It appears to be the same filter

UltraFilter
ULT560
ULT738**
Note: UltraFilter media are re-usable and cleanable. Filter media is T304 stainless steel 35 micron screen cloth and the exterior and end cap is made of 6061T6 Billet aluminum.
Warning: Typical or traditional oil filters trap particles between 6 and 20 microns. Re-usable filters only trap 35 micron or larger particles. So use re-usable and cleanable oil filters at your own risk.

Valvoline
VO25
VO23**

Wix
51516**

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 29 Oct 2009, 12:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks - this is great. I checked the book at my parts place and it was not this extensive. I could not find a cross-reference this comprehensive.

Much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 02:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

Don
Good info I just printed out two copies , put 1 in notebook and other in glove compartment with the owners manual..Thanks Ed

YES ! That is a Ron Paul for President Sticker..

Growing OLD is Natural - Growing UP is Optional It's NEVER too late to have a Happy Childhood

Ed Sidders , Lake-O The-Pines , Northeast Texas
Old 29 Oct 2009, 02:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Here is a useless bit of info

I have a 14.5 HP Craftsman Yard tractor it has a Kohler Motor that has the external oil filter --- I went the other day to get a filter for my sears to do the oil change and prep to put it away for the winter( change the oil add stabal to the fuel and air the tires about 10 psi over then cover it to keep the chickens from craping on it----- and i also picked up the oil and filter for my cruiser and got them home and found out i had 2 of the same filter so i called the parts store and they said yes you do they take the same filter
Old 29 Oct 2009, 03:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post

Mobil 1
M1-102
M1-209**

That is interesting - We have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma and a 2005 Mazda 3i that both take the M1-102 oil filter............ So we must also be able to use the larger M1-209 in those rigs too.........

Old 29 Oct 2009, 05:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I repeat - The list is from Sci-Fi - he's awesome.

If there's room on another car, you can use the bigger filter (be sure to put more oil in....
Old 29 Oct 2009, 06:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Arvin-Meritor used to make the Purolator filter, and they were also making the Motorcraft filters. I believe they sold the passenger car aftermarket filter biz to someone else. The Motorcraft filter was essentially the Purolator Pure-One Filter. Last I read it was rated higher than the Mobil 1 filter. Less than half the rpice.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 10:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

I don't want to start a Oil Filter Pizzin Match but in test years ago on our race cars the WIX filter really came out on top in filtration and low restriction but because of this they needed to be changed more often to keep the flow up, Has anyone knocked them out of the saddle....Real test,not advertising hype wanted. THANKS

YES ! That is a Ron Paul for President Sticker..

Growing OLD is Natural - Growing UP is Optional It's NEVER too late to have a Happy Childhood

Ed Sidders , Lake-O The-Pines , Northeast Texas
Old 30 Oct 2009, 07:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsidders View Post
I don't want to start a Oil Filter Pizzin Match but in test years ago on our race cars the WIX filter really came out on top in filtration and low restriction but because of this they needed to be changed more often to keep the flow up, Has anyone knocked them out of the saddle....Real test,not advertising hype wanted. THANKS
I only saw one study - it was not on filtration, but construction. The guy bought every filter he could find, cut 'em open and looked at how they were made - The base Fram filter had little filter media, used cardboard for the bypass valve, and the guy said it was garbage.
Other filters had more folds of the filter paper (more surface area) and use either plastic or metal for bypass valve.
The Fram "extra guard" was somewhat better.
WIX, Purolator were good "standard" filters, he gave top marks to Mobil1 and K&N filters, but they do cost more.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles