Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Air Inlet Sensor Plug(Female)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Sep 2001, 07:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Air Inlet Sensor Plug(Female)

On 09/06, I took my 01 PT to a licensed mechanic to have an AIRMAX spiral flow intake system installed. When the mechanic removed the female plug from the air intake sensor, he broke the clip which keeps the plug snapped down. He told me he could easily replace it and in the meantime he tied it in the snapped down position with a plastic tie strap. This of course looks ugly on an engine I was trying to make look better. Not to mention the prospect of having the strap break, melt or fall off. Since the incident happened, I found out that this little piece of plastic which probably cost Chrysler 1.00 to produce is not sold separately. On the contrary, they want me to buy the whole harness at a cost of 240 bucks and then pay 680 bucks in labor plus tax to install it. I consider this outrageous and usery.

I agree, I made a mistake in picking this particular mechanic but I believe this is one heck of a price to pay and that Chrysler should be ASHAMED of taking unfair advantage of all their faithful customers.

Therefore, if there is anyone out there who can help me, I would be eternally greatful. I am told that if I found a junked PT I could simply cut off the plug(not that I wish any ill will towards a fellow owner) but I have been unable to find one in my area(NYC). So if anyone knows of one please let me know or if anyone has any ideas how I can be helped, PLEASE contact me at(GNLROTH@aol.com). I can not afford more then a 1000 bucks(the shylocks here in Brooklyn would be ashamed to take advantage of anyone like Chrysler is)to fix this problem.

Old 10 Sep 2001, 08:25 pm
Young Cruiser

did u try http://www.oem-car-parts.com/ or
http://www.copartfinder.com/

you can search for parts at both sites. i found them at ptcruiserlinks.com