Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
timing belt replacement on 01 pt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Nov 2009, 08:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Angry timing belt replacement on 01 pt

This is the first time on the forum. I have many questions on replacing the timing belt.
1. I removed all items that were noted, except removing the exhaust flange because I couldnot get to them. I did remove the exhaust sensor because it appeared to be in the way to lift the engine. It appears there is plenty of room for the exhaust pipe to move up before interfering with the floorboard.I started to raise the engine, and it only moves approx. 2 inches before lifting the car. I donot see any interference anywhere. I also removed the PCM so the engine would not hit the wires.

I did notice the upper motor mount bolts will not come out as they are hitting the support bracket. I assume the motor mount must come out at the same time as the support bracket. This may be the restricting area, but not sure. Once I get the timing cover off, then I should be able to procede as instructed. Thanks for helping out. By the way, I own this 2001 pt with 140k mi, a 2002 pt with 80k mi. and my daughter has a 2006 pt. She is in San Diego working as a Make-up artist training Marines.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 08:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: timing belt replacement on 01 pt

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme View Post
She is in San Diego working as a Make-up artist training Marines.

Hey QSD, how'd your make-up training go when you were in service?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 08:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Hey QSD, how'd your make-up training go when you were in service?

I was in well before "don't ask, don't tell".

I'm hoping it is for camouflage.....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 13 Nov 2009, 09:24 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme View Post
She is in San Diego working as a Make-up artist training Marines.
I can't wait to hear an explanation. That sentence came out of nowhere!
Sorry I can't help with the timing belt though. I just had mine done at the dealer...
Whipple Supercharger, BTG springs, Tokico shocks/struts, B&M short shifter, chrome GT 17" wheels, darkened tail lights, Chrome Grille, fuel door and vent knobs, painted bumpers, mirrors, airdam and center console, cueball shifter, Polk audio system w/ XM, Magnaflow muffler
Old 13 Nov 2009, 10:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Found this on Google. Maybe it has nothing to do with you guys, but then again, you do want to look your best.

marine make-up - Google Videos

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 01:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Here's what you need about timing belt :
Timing belt in 2001

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 14 Nov 2009, 02:21 am
Fresh Cruiser

How do I post in here?
Old 14 Nov 2009, 05:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotMike View Post
How do I post in here?

Click on Post Reply!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 14 Nov 2009, 07:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotMike View Post
How do I post in here?

You just did! If you want to start your own posting, pick the section that goes along with what you want to talk about and hit "New Thread". Also it would be nice if you filled out your profile by clicking on "User CP" on top of the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 14 Nov 2009 at 07:46 am.