PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
HELP!!! How do you remove electrical connection from oil press. switch???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Nov 2009, 03:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default HELP!!! How do you remove electrical connection from oil press. switch???

'06 PT - base - auto -
How do you remove the electrical connection from the oil pressure switch???
I can't figure it out. I am accessing it from the top. My hands and forearms are 'way' to big to do it from the bottom of the motor as recommended.

Thanks, 66CUDA
Old 14 Nov 2009, 03:38 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: HELP!!! How do you remove electrical connection from oil press. switch???

Much easier on a lift to change the switch. The connecter has a slide lock, the same as other connectors on the car. Look at the conectors on the pcm. Same type.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 14 Nov 2009, 05:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: HELP!!! How do you remove electrical connection from oil press. switch???

I just gave up trying I have errands to run. I tried comparing the connection to others on the car and none of them looked the same. If I'm lying on my back under the car which way does the slide move ...out towards the driver side or passenger side? Can I do it by hand or screwdriver? Once its removed I'm using a deep socket 1 1/16". It fits over the connector on the new one so I 'hope' it fits over the old one. I'm considering buying a '72 Dart 4dr. 318 w/ a/c& 42K in mint condition to use as a my daily driver! Those cars are so easy to work on.

66CUDA
Old 14 Nov 2009, 05:39 pm
Veteran Cruiser

The slide lock slides back away from the connector. It can be a hassle. I've always used my thumbnail on the lip of the slide and pushed backwards. They can be a PITA.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 15 Nov 2009, 07:55 pm
Regular Cruiser

Mission Accomplished!!!

Finally got a better look underneath the car and saw a red plastic piece inside the green connector which happened to be the slide lock. It instantly slid over and within a few minutes the replacement oil press. switch was in.

Thx, 66CUDA